According to the phone should support OTG out of the box.

I bought a "USB 3.1 Type C to USB 3.0 Type A Male-to-Female OTG Data Connector Cable" from eBay. I plugged the cable to my phone, a USB stick to the other end of the cable, but nothing happened at all. I cannot see a new drive from File Explorer. I confirm the USB stick itself is good, since I can read it from my PC.

Is there some setting I need to turn on the OTG feature or the cable might be a defective one?

P.S
    I can use display dock properly, phone also finds keyboard/mouse.
    07-14-2016 08:02 PM
    According to the phone should support OTG out of the box.

I bought a "USB 3.1 Type C to USB 3.0 Type A Male-to-Female OTG Data Connector Cable" from eBay. I plugged the cable to my phone, a USB stick to the other end of the cable, but nothing happened at all. I cannot see a new drive from File Explorer. I confirm the USB stick itself is good, since I can read it from my PC.

Is there some setting I need to turn on the OTG feature or the cable might be a defective one?

P.S
    I can use display dock properly, phone also finds keyboard/mouse.
    As far as I know, the phone is capable of OTG but it needs to be enabled via firmware/software update which Microsoft has not pushed out yet.

I could be wrong
    07-14-2016 08:55 PM
    OTG confirm supported. Working out-of-the-box since the very first version of the OS & firmware, direct Type-C flash drive or via a Type-C to Type A female converter.

otg-1.jpg
    otg-2.jpg
    xandros9, aximtreo, jmshub and 1 others like this.
    07-14-2016 09:53 PM
    I would suspect the cable since its the only different factor when OTG fails.

Check to see if plugging the USB into the display dork works.
    jmshub likes this.
    07-14-2016 10:33 PM
    What file format is your USB memory stick using?
    For example, do you have a Mac? I say this because there is a possibility that your USB stick is formatted in Apple's file system which Windows can't read natively. In PC you can enable it via 3rd party software, but I don't know if this can be done on mobile.
    If this is the case, you'd need to format your USB stick to exFAT, NTFS, or FAT32. (I suggest exFAT)
    realwarder and jmshub like this.
    07-15-2016 12:00 AM
    What file format is your USB memory stick using?
    For example, do you have a Mac? I say this because there is a possibility that your USB stick is formatted in Apple's file system which Windows can't read natively. In PC you can enable it via 3rd party software, but I don't know if this can be done on mobile.
    If this is the case, you'd need to format your USB stick to exFAT, NTFS, or FAT32. (I suggest exFAT)
    I ddon't have Mac, the USB stick was formatted to FAT32. I will do as suggested to plug it into my e display dock first.
    07-15-2016 08:01 AM
    wp_20160715_06_44_14_pro.jpg wp_20160715_06_44_31_pro.jpg wp_20160715_06_44_43_pro.jpg

Just plug and play........music, picture and video
    unmorphed likes this.
    07-15-2016 08:56 AM
    Probably the cable.
    07-15-2016 09:41 AM
    Yes, I agree, it's most likely the cable.
    USB OTG works splendidly on my 950 - I use it every day. I also have the Victsing adaptor and a couple of other cables. I also have one of those dual usb sticks (the one with type C in one end, and type A in the other), I connect normal flash drives and harddisks at least a few times a week, and it all works as it's supposed to.

I haven't tried connecting non-storage things as of yet (mice, keyboards, etc.).
    07-16-2016 07:38 AM
    if you have display dock, you can also use it as otg when it's not connected to a screen but it required power
    Danobe likes this.
    07-16-2016 12:54 PM
    I didn't know that, and I have that dock. Splendid solution if everything else fails for me at some point.
    07-16-2016 12:56 PM
    if you have display dock, you can also use it as otg when it's not connected to a screen but it required power
    I connected the USB drive to my display dock, it works fine. I have contacted the seller on eBay.
    07-18-2016 06:51 PM