Can't read SD card in explorer

akiramike

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having problems copying to their sd card? When I try to view the files in explorer, Windows 10 takes a long time to scan the card and then explorer closes.

I had to put my card into my 1520 to copy stuff over. The phone reads my files on the card fine, its just I can't read it in W10 when its in my card for some reason.

Its a 128 sandisk microsdxc card.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having problems copying to their sd card? When I try to view the files in explorer, Windows 10 takes a long time to scan the card and then explorer closes.

I had to put my card into my 1520 to copy stuff over. The phone reads my files on the card fine, its just I can't read it in W10 when its in my card for some reason.

Its a 128 sandisk microsdxc card.

this is on pc? Are you using an adaptor for the card?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I have this exact same issue, I've posted about it before.
In the 200's, build-wise, I could crash explorer repeatedly (on my Win10 Pro desktop, 12 core, 32GB, all SSD machine, not a wimpy setup), just by trying to open a folder with a bunch of pics.
Same deal, it still happens to-date, but doesn't crash nearly as often, but it can take a very long time to enumerate 100 or so pics, the thumbnails.
I was copying about 110 the other day, on .420, and I crashed explorer twice in that operation.

My card is about 90-read/20-25-write, so it's no slouch, and I took it out the other day and profiled it, just to make sure.

I have the card "corruption" others have mentioned too, but even if I back it up and reset/restore, W10m on my 950XL quickly "corrupts" it again; clearly there are some problems in the SD card interface, or similar.
This never seems to impact the performance, either way, so after reformatting twice, I gave up on this, it functions fine as-is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb