Eye Glare from Camera?

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Quick question. When taking photos with auto flash (which, let's be honest, Lumia algorithms are REALLY liberal with flash usage, so it might as well be on all the time), I've noticed that I've been getting really reflective eyes (as well as red-eye) in modest to low-light situations. Maybe it's because this is a damn powerful flash, but I've NEVER noticed it this bad with my 1520, 830, 920, 925, or even my iPhone. Further, Lumia Creative Studio is terrible at removing glare, and I've either resorted to exclusively taking photos with auto HDR (again, might as well be always on from how much it kicks in) to adjust the flash later, or with no flash at all... which isn't always ideal.

Any thoughts or remedies to this?

Thanks!

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
he's worried about red eyes and removing them in post processing

My 950XL seems to not have much "red eye effect" for whatever reason. I have my focus LED set to sync with my flash, maybe that's a factor?
I thought there was a red-eye setting, but I'm not finding it, in the current Release Preview camera version.

There's also that setting, where it takes two pics, the 2nd one, a split-second after the first, and I've found that this often catches what you intended with the pic, vs. what you thought you were getting when depressing the button...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss