Odd Outlook Behavior

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I know that many have had problems with Outlook under W10M, but it has usually worked fine for me if whether I initiate an email or reply to one. What isn't working for me is to select a particular photo, hit the Share link, and then pick Outlook Mail as the option. The app starts to open, but then freezes with the icon on the screen. Every. Single. Time.

This must be a 950XL problem, because when I do the same thing on my 930, an empty email opens with desired photo attached. On that phone all I need to do is pick a recipient, tap in some words, and hit send. Success.

Both phones are running as Insider Fast Ring devices with the most recent .5 cumulative update. Both have the most recent firmware.

If this is a specific instance of a larger Outlook problem, let me know how it is identified and I will upvote it in the Feedback Hub. Otherwise I will just drop a new standalone Feedback complaint and hope it gets noticed.

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I am on Production and do not have that problem. It works fine every time from Photos app, just as you describe the way it works in your 930. (Mine is a 950 XL)

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
An occasional hiccup is expected, I even have iOS issues with mail on my iPad. That said, clean install the latest build. Even better, start fresh. TAC of the Insider program even states to do so on builds. That's my $.02. But hey, what do I know. Other than rarely having the issues many post about on the Insider forum. I restore from backup for a handful of builds, then I clean install. If I have issues with a build, usually a clean install will solve the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre