09-02-2016 06:12 AM
55 123
tools
    By "second hand" do you mean the battery is used??
    08-23-2016 12:58 PM
    By "second hand" do you mean the battery is used??
    Non-amazon...Fapajo or something like that. Sorry for the confusion. It really is disappointing that the removable battery part was promoted and MSFT does not actually offer them for sale. I am worried about the battery being the achilles heal on the phone's usable lifespan.
    08-24-2016 09:16 AM
    Non-amazon...Fapajo or something like that. Sorry for the confusion. It really is disappointing that the removable battery part was promoted and MSFT does not actually offer them for sale. I am worried about the battery being the achilles heal on the phone's usable lifespan.
    Thanks for clarifying :) . Yeah this battery issue is worrying. I wonder How long will my second battery last...
    08-24-2016 09:37 AM
    Finally Happened, been trying to get a repair shipment label for more than a month and it finally arrived by EMAIL yday. However, i got screwed in the process. The battery finally gave up. Got crazy hot 2 days back and i had to physically turn the phone off...it wasn't even charging or anything. Felt a little bulge on the back and opened to see the battery s screwed. Bulged.

However the most disappointing of all this is the SLOW response from microsoft, Took almost 3 weeks to just give me a label and before that many weeks to not respond. Twitter feed is pathetic no less, randomly replies and then goes off to zzzz mode....technical support is tied since the labels are handled by another group....

Crazy world...Finally Sending the phone for repair...anyone have the phone packing instructions? I did format the phone.
    08-29-2016 11:59 PM
    Well well well...Samsung is have somewhat of a similar issue with the Galaxy Note 7 (battery get's swollen and then catches fire during/or after being fast charged through the USB-C port...). The only (big) difference here is that Samsung's market share is 100X Microsoft's so they are actually doing something about it and recalling ALL Galaxy Note 7 handsets already sold ( that's around 2.4 Millions.. so already more than all 950 XL on the market..) and stopping shipments until the problem is fixed. [Statement]Samsung Newsroom
    09-02-2016 06:12 AM
55 123