My 950XL saved photos very slow

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
When you took a photo, don't click the photo icon on top right side
After took then go to start screen click the PHOTO tile
find the photo and click it
It won't show ADDING FINISHING TOUCHES

Yeah, mine's really quick, even if I do use the photo icon/circle, but only if the phone is unlocked, otherwise I get that big delay you're talking about.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
My problem with this is that these pictures shouldn't even TAKE 5 or 10 seconds to save with HDR. If the iPhone can save HDR photos in less than a second, even with creating the flash continuum for the rich HDR, I don't see it taking upwards of 10 seconds to save to internal storage. This only became a problem for me when I was shooting some pictures of my best friends and they were like "alright, let's see the picture, what's taking so long?" while it's 'adding finishing touches.'

Further, swiping through all the photos, it almost seems like the pictures take a second or two to 'render' properly.

vince8603

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
just direct go to start menu n click Photo tile, at there very fast respond, no need wait adding touches also, u can try like what i show in video

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
When you took a photo, don't click the photo icon on top right side
After took then go to start screen click the PHOTO tile
find the photo and click it
It won't show ADDING FINISHING TOUCHES
I have confirmed this on my phone also.
But it looks like what's really going on is that while "adding finishing touches" is not shown in the latter case, phone is still applying the same post-processing job. Yes, you can double click and zoom in unlike in the former case but it's unprocessed image. After a few seconds its colors changes when "finishing touches" is done its processing. So basically the same thing is going on under those two different scenarios, the only difference is that you don't see the "adding finishing touches" message and get to zoom in on the unfinished image if you go through the Photos app.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My problem with this is that these pictures shouldn't even TAKE 5 or 10 seconds to save with HDR. If the iPhone can save HDR photos in less than a second, even with creating the flash continuum for the rich HDR, I don't see it taking upwards of 10 seconds to save to internal storage. This only became a problem for me when I was shooting some pictures of my best friends and they were like "alright, let's see the picture, what's taking so long?" while it's 'adding finishing touches.'

Further, swiping through all the photos, it almost seems like the pictures take a second or two to 'render' properly.
It depends on what kind of "HDR" algorithm iPhone is doing. Do you get similar or better results than on the Lumia? There are different variables like megapixels and number of brackets so it's hard to say Lumia shouldn't take more than a sec. What's "flash continuum"? Is that like dynamic flash on Lumia?

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I believe they maintain somewhat low (but still pretty good) resolution rendering to facilitate speedy swiping action and only show "full" rendering when you stop for a second.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Good discussion going on here, at least all of you are getting ideas on how to solve your issues

My only contribution at this point:
If all fails, factory reset or Anniversary update

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
On RS I haven't had an issue with camera. It's been lightening quick. Although I am running old firmware, yeah, still no update for 059X4T8/9

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss