07-29-2016 05:40 AM
30 12
tools
    Hi

I took few photos and setting saved to SD card (Extreme Pro 32GB and Ultra 200GB)
    Take long time to saved into SD card, even i change the setting saved to phone also same

Everytime i took a photo then go check it, sure show me ADDING THE FINISHING TOUCHES .....

My camera setting is 19MP / HDR auto / Flash Auto
    Both SD card just bought new

Any master know what is the problems ?
    07-27-2016 03:35 AM
    Hi

I took few photos and setting saved to SD card (Extreme Pro 32GB and Ultra 200GB)
    Take long time to saved into SD card, even i change the setting saved to phone also same

Everytime i took a photo then go check it, sure show me ADDING THE FINISHING TOUCHES .....

My camera setting is 19MP / HDR auto / Flash Auto
    Both SD card just bought new

Any master know what is the problems ?
    try with hdr off, and see if there is a difference
    Also check for app updates for photos and camera app
    And check for OS updates
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    07-27-2016 03:48 AM
    try with hdr off, and see if there is a difference
    Also check for app updates for photos and camera app
    And check for OS updates
    All tried. Off HDR only fast a little bit only
    07-27-2016 03:49 AM
    All tried. Off HDR only fast a little bit only
    what OS version are you on?
    07-27-2016 04:10 AM
    07-27-2016 04:15 AM
    typically how long does it take to save? And does it happen after every photo or after a bunch of photos taken in quick succession?
    07-27-2016 05:25 AM
    every photos. Once i took a photo, then click the photo icon on top right corner then will show me the photo but when i want to edit and it show me adding touches ....... WTH. Around 1-3 mins
    07-27-2016 09:15 PM
    I had this problem a while back but I think it was fixed with one of the redstone builds. So, should be fixed when anniversary comes out, or just join the fast insider ring and get it now.
    07-27-2016 10:09 PM
    1-3 mins is crazy abnormal. That long with internal saving? Mine usually takes about 5-10 seconds.

I believe there's always some amount of built-in HDR/Rich processing going on even if you turn off HDR explicitly.

It's MS's special sauce that makes people rave about 950/XL camera, so you basically have to deal with it, I think. You can still take multiple shots quickly in succession so processing delay is not an issue unless you are trying to look at your result right away zoomed in. Still, 1-3 mins is way excessive and should be fixed.
    07-27-2016 10:27 PM
    every photos. Once i took a photo, then click the photo icon on top right corner then will show me the photo but when i want to edit and it show me adding touches ....... WTH. Around 1-3 mins
    did you get the recent firmware update?
    07-28-2016 04:23 AM
    Official latest firmware aldy
    07-28-2016 04:31 AM
    Official latest firmware aldy
    Okay, so if this issue started recently while in the past it was okay, it can be solved by the anniversary update
    If this problem has always been there since you got the device, then you can try the anniversary update that comes out next week or do a factory reset
    07-28-2016 05:08 AM
    Hmmmmm i found a weird things ...... later take video show you
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-28-2016 05:13 AM
    Okay, so if this issue started recently while in the past it was okay, it can be solved by the anniversary update
    If this problem has always been there since you got the device, then you can try the anniversary update that comes out next week or do a factory reset
    Bro, hope you understanding what i mean, i found this weird issue on my 950XL

07-28-2016 09:04 AM
    1 ) found this issue, i took a photo, then i click the icon on top right size to check the photo.
    after open the photo and want to edit, it show me Adding some finishing touches ........ wait long time

2) Same i just retake a photo, then back to the start menu, direct click the PHOTO tile and go into the photo
    Weird, it can direct edit and didn't show Adding some finishing touches .......

I think this is a small bug on 950XL
    07-28-2016 09:15 AM
    Bro, hope you understanding what i mean, i found this weird issue on my 950XL

No panorama option?
    07-28-2016 09:16 AM
    Honestly that is insanely abnormal. Adding finishing touches takes a second on mine. Just tried 10 photos in a row and the longest was 3 seconds.

I'm on the latest Redstone release, all software up to date and latest firmware.

The firmware you got was it through WDRT or over the air? You didn't do any hacks to get another regions firmware did you?

Have you tried a software reset? Holding volume down and power button at the same time till it vibrates.
    Have you tried a hardware reset? System>about>reset. This will go to factory install and you lose everything.

If you're willing to try go to windows insiders and try redstone. It's pretty much at a very stable point right now.(i've had some weird issues where playing music on headphones and doing something else triggered a reboot, but hard to reproduce). You'll also be privy to a newer photos app with panaroma view and many enhancements for speed and image quality.
    vince8603 and Chintan Gohel like this.
    07-28-2016 12:29 PM
    So I saw this yesterday, but I noticed it only happens if the phone is locked, when you take the pic, via the hard-camera-button.

I took another pic, right after, unlocked, and it was fast, like Krystianpants said, maybe a couple of seconds, max.

Then I locked it again, and tested, and sure enough, it took a really, really long time (I'd guess 20+ seconds) to "add the finishing touches".

I haven't reported it yet, I'm not sure I can get all that into the feedback character limit...

Oh yeah, I'm on the new firmware, 14393.0 build, Slow Ring.
    07-28-2016 05:54 PM
    So I saw this yesterday, but I noticed it only happens if the phone is locked, when you take the pic, via the hard-camera-button.

I took another pic, right after, unlocked, and it was fast, like Krystianpants said, maybe a couple of seconds, max.

Then I locked it again, and tested, and sure enough, it took a really, really long time (I'd guess 20+ seconds) to "add the finishing touches".

I haven't reported it yet, I'm not sure I can get all that into the feedback character limit...

Oh yeah, I'm on the new firmware, 14393.0 build, Slow Ring.

When you took a photo, don't click the photo icon on top right side
    After took then go to start screen click the PHOTO tile
    find the photo and click it
    It won't show ADDING FINISHING TOUCHES
    07-28-2016 08:22 PM
    i'm using official firmware, not Redstone.
    07-28-2016 08:24 PM
    Yeah, mine's really quick, even if I do use the photo icon/circle, but only if the phone is unlocked, otherwise I get that big delay you're talking about.
    07-28-2016 08:27 PM
    Yeah, mine's really quick, even if I do use the photo icon/circle, but only if the phone is unlocked, otherwise I get that big delay you're talking about.
    You use redstone or official firmware ?
    07-28-2016 08:38 PM
    My problem with this is that these pictures shouldn't even TAKE 5 or 10 seconds to save with HDR. If the iPhone can save HDR photos in less than a second, even with creating the flash continuum for the rich HDR, I don't see it taking upwards of 10 seconds to save to internal storage. This only became a problem for me when I was shooting some pictures of my best friends and they were like "alright, let's see the picture, what's taking so long?" while it's 'adding finishing touches.'

Further, swiping through all the photos, it almost seems like the pictures take a second or two to 'render' properly.
    07-28-2016 09:28 PM
    just direct go to start menu n click Photo tile, at there very fast respond, no need wait adding touches also, u can try like what i show in video
    07-28-2016 09:33 PM
    I have confirmed this on my phone also.
    But it looks like what's really going on is that while "adding finishing touches" is not shown in the latter case, phone is still applying the same post-processing job. Yes, you can double click and zoom in unlike in the former case but it's unprocessed image. After a few seconds its colors changes when "finishing touches" is done its processing. So basically the same thing is going on under those two different scenarios, the only difference is that you don't see the "adding finishing touches" message and get to zoom in on the unfinished image if you go through the Photos app.
    vince8603 likes this.
    07-28-2016 10:24 PM
30 12