I went to best buy and started continuum. About 30 tvs showed up and I picked one. The tv showed my phone desktop. But I got no response to tapping in the phone. No mouse showing. Is that normal or should it have worked?
    08-01-2016 05:53 AM
    I went to best buy and started continuum. About 30 tvs showed up and I picked one. The tv showed my phone desktop. But I got no response to tapping in the phone. No mouse showing. Is that normal or should it have worked?
    you should be able to control items on the screen such as start or pause videos and such using your phone- maybe try another model?
    08-01-2016 06:18 AM
    Continuum does put a 'mouse mat' on screen of the phone which you use as a track pad. It puts the keyboard up when you click on a text box.

The issue I have found is that wirelessly to the TV is a bit glitchy, and mouse point can be hit and miss. I use mine on a 50" Samsung, and I must admit, I find it 'just' acceptable. Through a dock, it is a different story.

Bear in mind that continuum, like other features on the 950 series, were in very early development. With the RS1 builds, things have improved quite a bit.

I like, and use a lot, the continuum feature in meetings with clients. Can't be doing with heaving laptops everywhere.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-02-2016 03:38 AM
    Continuum does put a 'mouse mat' on screen of the phone which you use as a track pad. It puts the keyboard up when you click on a text box.

The issue I have found is that wirelessly to the TV is a bit glitchy, and mouse point can be hit and miss. I use mine on a 50" Samsung, and I must admit, I find it 'just' acceptable. Through a dock, it is a different story.

Bear in mind that continuum, like other features on the 950 series, were in very early development. With the RS1 builds, things have improved quite a bit.

I like, and use a lot, the continuum feature in meetings with clients. Can't be doing with heaving laptops everywhere.
    how do the clients view the continuum feature? Do they get surprised or shocked or excited? Or is it normal/uninteresting for them?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-02-2016 04:53 AM
    Continuum works over Miracast, so any Miracast-capable TV will work. There is no Continuum client.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    rdubmu likes this.
    08-02-2016 11:20 PM