Bluetooth settings changes really unstable, on 14393.5, anyone else?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that was probably more than I've ever had my phone hang, in a month, all in the course of maybe 10 minutes.

I was trying to connect to my BT headset, and my phone hung, crashed a rebooted, just by touching the Quick Action Tile to turn it on.

After reboot, I managed to semi-hang (the phone suspending itself recovered, after self-suspend/wake) twice. Then it hung, crashed, rebooted again.

Not sure what I did exactly I guess I haven't been in the habit of turning BT on/off much for awhile, since the battery life issue smoothed out, around .318.
I'm chasing down whatever is in my "Settings" draining my phone, even though it's set to NOT run in the background, at all, hence the reason I found this issue.

I hope it's not BT, or I hope this is a transitory thing, or maybe there's another update coming soon after 8/2. I already reported via feedback, we'll see.

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I am currently using two different bluetooth earbuds (one for the gym and one for regular commuting) and have experienced no issues with the BT. In fact, not sure what build fixed it, but haven't experienced any stuttering from BT headphones let alone crashing/rebooting the phone. I also turn BT on and off at different times too, but haven't experienced what you're experiencing. BTW, I'm on OS .494 and firmware 16236.35006

Edit: oh oops, somehow I missed the the version you put in your title, sorry

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, on 494 my BT was super-stable, I could enable/disable, never had a single hang or issue. Really this was every build from 107 until 494, on Threshold.
Occasionally my car would fail to connect, but even that usually fixed itself, if I just disabled and enabled on my 950XL.

Now, I live in fear (my car still does this sometimes), of messing with the BT Tile/toggle, and hard-hanging or best-case, locking myself out of my phone until the screen times out.
I hope there's an update coming, soon...

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I use BT everyday, usually leave it on all the time.
If I remember, I turn off WiFi when I leave the house to reduce or eliminate BT dropout or cutoff.
Never had a problem accessing BT settings on the phone.
RTM(?) Build .494

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm on the Anniversary build, on Threshold, 494, I NEVER saw this (I probably shouldn't have put my build in the title), not once.

Now I've seen it umpteen times on 14393.5.
I think I figured out how to "minimize" the effect. If I simply don't toggle too fast, and wait for BT to fully engage and find any local devices, I seem to be okay.

The problem is, partly, that the tile "turn on" is greatly delayed (I'd say 2-3 seconds) in the Anniversary build, and hence sometimes I end up hitting it twice, thinking the first one didn't work. This is when it hangs, almost consistently, at least 50-75% of the time.
I've only had the one hard-hang-reboot, all the others I just had to wait for screen timeout/suspend, and I was able to resume as usual.

Something is pretty broken with BT and timing, on the Anniversary build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro