08-12-2016 02:31 PM
35 12
tools
    A wonderful Anniversary present.
    08-05-2016 10:38 AM
    I doubt it helped, but I contacted microsoft support, sat through a mandatory but pointless troubleshooting session, and requested my ticket be escalated. From what I gather from the chat, they are calling this a new emerging issue that is being looked into. Super vague and unhelpful. I've asked for a place or method to track progress via the reply email, will share what comes back. If any of you have 10-20 minutes of time you could sacrifice, reporting this issue through support.microsoft.com might help. I've only seen one news outlet cover the story so far, and it was less about the victim consumers and more about the google ms battle.
    08-05-2016 12:26 PM
    Directly from @lumiahelp
    If you would like to have your Google Account contacts and calendar entries added to your phone as well, you will need to import your contacts and calendar from your Google Account to your Microsoft Account.

To import your Google contacts to your Microsoft Account, please follow the steps below:
    01. Log in to your Gmail account using a computer.
    02. Export your contacts from Google by following the steps at: http://msft.it/6014B0jzm .
    03. Once the contacts have been exported, log in to your Outlook account at: http://msft.it/6017B0jzU .
    04. Click on the Apps menu on the top left corner of the page.
    05. Click on the "People".
    06. Click on the "Manage" drop down menu.
    07. Click on "Import Contacts".
    08. Click on "Gmail".
    09. Click on "Browse".
    10. Locate the exported contacts file that you've downloaded from Gmail and select the file.
    11. Click "Open".
    12. Click "Save".

Wait for the Contacts to be added on your Microsoft Account.

For the Calendar events, follow the steps below:

01. Assuming that you're already logged in to your Google account, visit: http://msft.it/6010B0jzs .
    02. Click on the Gear Icon on the top right corner of the page.
    03. Click on "Settings".
    04. Click on the "Calendar" tab.
    05. Click on "Export Calendars", and save the .ical file on your computer.
    06. Go back to your Microsoft account, and click on the Apps menu on the top left corner of the page.
    07. Click on "Calendar".
    08. Click on the "Add Calendar" drop down menu.
    09. Click "From file".
    10. Browse for the .ical file that you've saved on your computer and click on the "Open" button.
    11. Click "Save".

Your calendar entries will be added to your Microsoft Calendar.
    I agree they told me the same, when I asked about syncing, they said, that is not possible for now, I am going back to iPhone, its a shame as I like the windows platform
    08-05-2016 01:14 PM
    Its such a shame that microsoft is very pro apps for other platforms, but to its core services, it seems that they are ignored
    08-05-2016 01:16 PM
    Yeah... seems like the last drop.
    08-05-2016 01:20 PM
    Switching? Here is how to transfer your Gmail Contacts to Outlook.com | Windows Central
    Heres the link
    after ur done with this....on ur phone go to email and accounts, then press Outlook account , then go to sync settings and turn on the sync and sync it....all ur gmail contacts are at ur disposal.
    All this temporary loss of gmail has made me use Outlook mail so in a way they are promoting Outlook mail i guess...and outlook mail is good enough
    thanks for that, but its just importing contacts, and not real sync
    08-05-2016 01:43 PM
    I definitely believe this is a google **** move, but i can't imagine how MS couldn't fix this pretty quickly if 3rd party devs are able to make it work with less access. Its going to be a matter of getting the right information and getting enough people to escalate the situation.

Seriously, for all the people they're about to screw, you'd think they could have post a notice on those oath pages that said something like in 30 days this service will no longer work with the browser you're using, please notify your application provider to update their app or update your browser accordingly.
    08-05-2016 02:33 PM
    Will be a good test to see if Msft is really committed to supporting W10 mobile...
    08-05-2016 07:31 PM
    That 18 step "solution" is total garbage. And we should all tweet @lumiahelp exactly that. The pee pee contest is back in full force.
    08-05-2016 10:48 PM
    Guys This has been fixed now
    It was google's fault
    see here
    https://productforums.google.com/for...il/kw2ONRxN3Xk
    08-12-2016 02:31 PM
35 12