Major Issue - Can't add google account

dryspuri

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Contact problem solved...
Follow this link http://www.windowscentral.com/transf...187.1470071815
after ur done with this....on ur phone go to email and accounts, then press Outlook account , then go to sync settings and turn on the sync and sync it....all ur gmail contacts are at ur disposal.
All this temporary loss of gmail has made me use Outlook mail so in a way they are promoting Outlook mail i guess...and outlook mail is good enough

The link is not working, can you send us this link again please

Thazal

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
for me, I could get email, but still no google contacts, any one knows workaround

Directly from @lumiahelp
If you would like to have your Google Account contacts and calendar entries added to your phone as well, you will need to import your contacts and calendar from your Google Account to your Microsoft Account.

To import your Google contacts to your Microsoft Account, please follow the steps below:
01. Log in to your Gmail account using a computer.
02. Export your contacts from Google by following the steps at: http://msft.it/6014B0jzm .
03. Once the contacts have been exported, log in to your Outlook account at: http://msft.it/6017B0jzU .
04. Click on the Apps menu on the top left corner of the page.
05. Click on the "People".
06. Click on the "Manage" drop down menu.
07. Click on "Import Contacts".
08. Click on "Gmail".
09. Click on "Browse".
10. Locate the exported contacts file that you've downloaded from Gmail and select the file.
11. Click "Open".
12. Click "Save".

Wait for the Contacts to be added on your Microsoft Account.

For the Calendar events, follow the steps below:

01. Assuming that you're already logged in to your Google account, visit: http://msft.it/6010B0jzs .
02. Click on the Gear Icon on the top right corner of the page.
03. Click on "Settings".
04. Click on the "Calendar" tab.
05. Click on "Export Calendars", and save the .ical file on your computer.
06. Go back to your Microsoft account, and click on the Apps menu on the top left corner of the page.
07. Click on "Calendar".
08. Click on the "Add Calendar" drop down menu.
09. Click "From file".
10. Browse for the .ical file that you've saved on your computer and click on the "Open" button.
11. Click "Save".

Your calendar entries will be added to your Microsoft Calendar.

IanMcB

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Well this is a bummer. My 950xl is supposed to be delivered to me today. My email, calendar, contacts are all in Google. Might have to send it back before opening?

Sean N

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Thats kind of a terrible "solution". Its upsetting to think that they think its viable to just move a snapshot of contacts and calendar items to outlook/hotmail. What about those of us who use a custom named email service or google for business account? Its not reasonable to expect a migration of services when its literally not up to us. If this was a temporary fix while they made a change, I could live with that, but thats a closed ticket it sounds like. This also wouldn't address any 3rd party apps that use google oath for login.

While I still think google is fscking with microsoft users, I'm not entirely convinced that the problem can't be fixed by ms quickly. Some 3rd party apps that use oath work:

-Phonely
-Tubecast Pro

While others dont:

Client for hangouts

Im noticing the same web interface look for client for hangouts that matches the same one that outlook mobile shows. The other two have a different look to the browser (font size, layout, etc). Im not sure what the api call difference is for the web view that the two sets are using, but I suspect the working units are using edge, and the broken group might be using a legacy IE view. When using edge and manually navigating to my own oath url, I receive no browser error.

This needs to be properly resolved quickly, and its really unfortunate that there's no transparency for such a serious matter.

Abhinav Mudaliar

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
The link is not working, can you send us this link again please

Switching? Here is how to transfer your Gmail Contacts to Outlook.com | Windows Central
Heres the link
after ur done with this....on ur phone go to email and accounts, then press Outlook account , then go to sync settings and turn on the sync and sync it....all ur gmail contacts are at ur disposal.
All this temporary loss of gmail has made me use Outlook mail so in a way they are promoting Outlook mail i guess...and outlook mail is good enough

Sean N

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I doubt it helped, but I contacted microsoft support, sat through a mandatory but pointless troubleshooting session, and requested my ticket be escalated. From what I gather from the chat, they are calling this a new emerging issue that is being looked into. Super vague and unhelpful. I've asked for a place or method to track progress via the reply email, will share what comes back. If any of you have 10-20 minutes of time you could sacrifice, reporting this issue through support.microsoft.com might help. I've only seen one news outlet cover the story so far, and it was less about the victim consumers and more about the google ms battle.

dryspuri

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Directly from @lumiahelp
If you would like to have your Google Account contacts and calendar entries added to your phone as well, you will need to import your contacts and calendar from your Google Account to your Microsoft Account.

To import your Google contacts to your Microsoft Account, please follow the steps below:
01. Log in to your Gmail account using a computer.
02. Export your contacts from Google by following the steps at: http://msft.it/6014B0jzm .
03. Once the contacts have been exported, log in to your Outlook account at: http://msft.it/6017B0jzU .
04. Click on the Apps menu on the top left corner of the page.
05. Click on the "People".
06. Click on the "Manage" drop down menu.
07. Click on "Import Contacts".
08. Click on "Gmail".
09. Click on "Browse".
10. Locate the exported contacts file that you've downloaded from Gmail and select the file.
11. Click "Open".
12. Click "Save".

Wait for the Contacts to be added on your Microsoft Account.

For the Calendar events, follow the steps below:

01. Assuming that you're already logged in to your Google account, visit: http://msft.it/6010B0jzs .
02. Click on the Gear Icon on the top right corner of the page.
03. Click on "Settings".
04. Click on the "Calendar" tab.
05. Click on "Export Calendars", and save the .ical file on your computer.
06. Go back to your Microsoft account, and click on the Apps menu on the top left corner of the page.
07. Click on "Calendar".
08. Click on the "Add Calendar" drop down menu.
09. Click "From file".
10. Browse for the .ical file that you've saved on your computer and click on the "Open" button.
11. Click "Save".

Your calendar entries will be added to your Microsoft Calendar.

I agree they told me the same, when I asked about syncing, they said, that is not possible for now, I am going back to iPhone, its a shame as I like the windows platform

dryspuri

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Switching? Here is how to transfer your Gmail Contacts to Outlook.com | Windows Central
Heres the link

thanks for that, but its just importing contacts, and not real sync

Sean N

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I definitely believe this is a google **** move, but i can't imagine how MS couldn't fix this pretty quickly if 3rd party devs are able to make it work with less access. Its going to be a matter of getting the right information and getting enough people to escalate the situation.

Seriously, for all the people they're about to screw, you'd think they could have post a notice on those oath pages that said something like in 30 days this service will no longer work with the browser you're using, please notify your application provider to update their app or update your browser accordingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18