Double tap Firmware update - uk non carrier

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I got bored waiting. I ended up going with the Euro A6 059x521. I just changed the product code as per PepperDots thread. Plugged into WDRT and the new firmware was picked up straight away. Only snag, resetting phone. Not too bad though. Now have 16236 and 000-88! That was until I put my sim in and it's now 000-GB again, but hey, DTTW and WiFi doesn't seem to drop on 5Ghz either. Best of all, it can be wound back, should I wish to go legit! LOL

Like Pete, I know a person or two who operate in cahoots with those near seattle, and they couldn't get a definitive answer either. Thats why I went with A6 CV, it's the same ROW. I know that a couple of carriers sold them unlocked, so maybe they wanted to verify it? Who knows.

Will keep you posted.

fzs91

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi MadCabbie
You went with the A6 CV. Why didn't you choose the RM-1085 VAR EURO A2 CV ?
Product Code: 059X4X5

OperatorName: 000-AD, 000-AT, 000-BE, MBS-BE, PRO-BE, 000-LI, 000-LU, 000-NL, TMO-NL, 000-PT, 000-ES, 000-CH,

The Nethelands and Belgium are closer to Britain.
I would think it would be the best choice?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by fzs91
Hi MadCabbie
You went with the A6 CV. Why didn't you choose the RM-1085 VAR EURO A2 CV ?
Product Code: 059X4X5

OperatorName: 000-AD, 000-AT, 000-BE, MBS-BE, PRO-BE, 000-LI, 000-LU, 000-NL, TMO-NL, 000-PT, 000-ES, 000-CH,

The Nethelands and Belgium are closer to Britain.
I would think it would be the best choice?

I like to be different. When investigating, this one I spotted the PL, and having tinkered with cooking roms on android, the Polish roms always worked, plus they always got the updates first! The x521 FW was also the first to flash properly, with others not completing, A2 being one.

I mentioned above that the phone showed 000-GB, it doesn't. It is 000-88 the fabled worldwide coding.

DTTW works, WiFi doesn't drop out, battery not sure yet, phone runs cooler, not cold, but cooler. Checked with my IR kit, and it's around 10/12C cooler. Signal strength (cell) seems to have gone up by one bar, although the signal reading is irrelevant, as there is no international standard for displayed bars. In conjunction with the AU, the 950xl is maturing into the device it should have been in the first place!! Shame it is soooooo dull to look at!! Oh, and my Fitbit stays connected whilst using my Plantronics headset AND using my blaze as my music control in groove.

Good news so far. Now wait for MS to throw a spanner in the works.....

peekay13

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Firmware update available now on WDRT in the UK

Product Code: 059X4T8

Firmware version: 01078.00053.16236.35014

Operating System version: 10586.13169

fzs91

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
@MadCabbie
Than if the new firmware that is out now for our package, at last, on WDRT, doesn't work properly, i will try to flash this one as well. Thanks for testing it and giving your feedback. I'm glad it worked for you.

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes have it here also! Lumia 950XL Unlocked UK

BW1Q57A.png

Thanks, Pete!

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Pete.

Sad thing is that, all our previous tweets and messages to people like Dona were just completely ignored. Just shows you the level of interest and respect they have to early adopters who spent money on their flagship device.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue is with social media is that these accounts have to deal with a huge amount of traffic, and the majority of it being fairly bad quality.

From what I understand, this UK CV firmware was labelled as being 'published', which confused the Microsoft guys a bit. With the evidence provided here, we showed that wasn't the case and the situation is now resolved.

its great that the FW is now on WDRT already, we hope to see this appear on OTA in the not too distant future. I'll be waiting for the OTA as a full reset is a bit of a pain.

fzs91

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I think the issue is with social media is that these accounts have to deal with a huge amount of traffic, and the majority of it being fairly bad quality.

From what I understand, this UK CV firmware was labelled as being 'published', which confused the Microsoft guys a bit. With the evidence provided here, we showed that wasn't the case and the situation is now resolved.

its great that the FW is now on WDRT already, we hope to see this appear on OTA in the not too distant future. I'll be waiting for the OTA as a full reset is a bit of a pain.

Thanks a lot to you, Pete!
Here in France we have it now:)

fzs91

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
No, I didn't have OTA this morning. I had to use WDRT and now i have to update to redstone and reinstall my apps since I chose not to restore. But it's worthwhile ^^

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by fzs91
@MadCabbie
Than if the new firmware that is out now for our package, at last, on WDRT, doesn't work properly, i will try to flash this one as well. Thanks for testing it and giving your feedback. I'm glad it worked for you.

The WDRT one is good. Put it on another XL. My 000-88 is working just fine as well.

Many are reluctant to update through WDRT because of settings and time taken etc. Wouldn't it be judicious to start afresh due to the AU update? I've gone back to bare bones and then restored now, and had everything sorted in just over an hour inc going from 10586 to release preview. I have to admit, it runs well having swept out the cobwebs!

Now, the question is, why the hell didnt they do this in the beginning?? With all these functions and the AU, you have to admit its a very different animal to that clunky, dull device when released. Just proves the OS was a car crash when released!! No wonder MS got ridiculed then the 950 series were released.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The WDRT one is good. Put it on another XL. My 000-88 is working just fine as well.

Many are reluctant to update through WDRT because of settings and time taken etc. Wouldn't it be judicious to start afresh due to the AU update? I've gone back to bare bones and then restored now, and had everything sorted in just over an hour inc going from 10586 to release preview. I have to admit, it runs well having swept out the cobwebs!

Now, the question is, why the hell didnt they do this in the beginning?? With all these functions and the AU, you have to admit its a very different animal to that clunky, dull device when released. Just proves the OS was a car crash when released!! No wonder MS got ridiculed then the 950 series were released.
Fair point. Had I not rolled back for AU and spent 3 hours setting everything back up, I might be tempted to do the same. For now, I will patiently await the OTA update - at least now we know it is on the horizon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720