Double tap Firmware update - uk non carrier

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Looks as though the bank holiday got in the way. I've now been told that the go live for the OTA is tomorrow (1st Sept).

Hopefully it'll go through this time.

Thanks for the patience guys - me and my contact in MS are waging a two-man army trying to get this FW into everyone's hands.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I was just about to do the "But it don't work" message, and then the old grey cells kicked in, settings/personalisation/lock screen and turn on double tap to wake.

Works now :smile:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yay. Thanks for sticking with it Pete

No problem. Nice to see that the WC front page didn't bother looking to it's own forums and seeing that one of it's own members was responsible for this being deployed. Oh well, at least it's out there now.

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
No problem. Nice to see that the WC front page didn't bother looking to it's own forums and seeing that one of it's own members was responsible for this being deployed. Oh well, at least it's out there now.

I did 'report news' a couple of times as it seemed to be just you and your contact working on our behalf against MS but it seems all those 'here's how to use WhatsApp - first you need Whatsapp' type 'news stories' were of so much more importance :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar