Sim1 for WhatsApp , Sim2 for WhatsApp Beta

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Having 2 WhatsApp accounts on one Lumia phone is what I have been looking for. I heard people said this possible now with WhatsApp Beta on Lumia. unfortunately I don't have second Sim to try it myself, is there any issues with 2 WhatsApp accounts on Lumia? will Notifications work for both Sims? thanks in advance for your input!

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Having 2 WhatsApp accounts on one Lumia phone is what I have been looking for. I heard people said this possible now with WhatsApp Beta on Lumia. unfortunately I don't have second Sim to try it myself, is there any issues with 2 WhatsApp accounts on Lumia? will Notifications work for both Sims? thanks in advance for your input!

I just tried it on my NL 950XL Dual Sim .... WhatsApp on Digicel & WhatsApp Beta on LIME (Jamaica)

No issues so far.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just install WhatsApp Beta & register it with the second sim mobile number.
Great, that worked. So nice to have both my SIM cards again. WhatsApp was the only reason why I had my second sim in a different phone. Hope they keep both apps alive for a while.

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Both WA account would be able to receive notification when there isn't any pending notification of the other WA account in the action centre. If there is a pending notification (even if you've swipe it off) of one WA account in the action center, the other WA won't be able to receive any notification, you'll need to go into the app for the notification and messages to appear/receive. The sender would see only one tick until you've enter the app to receive the messages.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Both WA account would be able to receive notification when there isn't any pending notification of the other WA account in the action centre. If there is a pending notification (even if you've swipe it off) of one WA account in the action center, the other WA won't be able to receive any notification, you'll need to go into the app for the notification and messages to appear/receive. The sender would see only one tick until you've enter the app to receive the messages.
Good to know! How'd you figure this out?

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Joe920
Originally Posted by Y C Neo
Good to know! How'd you figure this out?

I have 3 sim cards and 3 phones, therefore I can do my own testing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb