FW update for 950xl. Opinions Pls.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Now most of us have received this FW, bar a couple of devices, how are people finding it?

As some may know I have one xl running 059x521 and another on 059x4T9. One 000-88, the other 000-GB. Between the two there are no differences apart from the obvious, one ROW and one GB.

Things I have noticed are - Battery has an improvement of around an hour with regular basic operations, and not a lot of difference when hammering the SoC. Heat has dropped by around 10c compared to update. I had same progs running and used my IR kit. They still get warm though, which I doubt they will ever cure, especially whit an 8 core running at full chat. The DTTW works just fine for me with very little delay in waking to lock screen. I understand, reading through these fine boards, that some are having issues with it, but for my xl's, it works as expected.

The biggest improvement for me is that my Blaze + Plantronics headset remain connected!! Even when I set up 'classic' BT on the blaze to control music. That's not happened before. Cell reception has increased by one bar, but that could be due to external factors, the radio, or both.

Bare in mind, with an FW update, along with a major update to the OS, I always HR, and start anew. Probably just me but when I see random issues, I always feel it's better safe than sorry.

Have you guys found anything else, or spotted any issues with the XL. There's probably another thread, but us XL users are a strange bunch!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa