Panorama Camera App

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
FYI the Windows Camera app with the panorama capability finally just showed up in the Store for those with the current released AU version (not on the Insider rings). It's cool! The installed version is 2016.816.21.0.

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
The app also showed up for the Surface Pro 4. It is SO much more useable on the 950 XL -- keeping the large tablet in the right position as you scan for the panorama shot if pretty difficult on the SP4 versus the 950 XL.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The app also showed up for the Surface Pro 4. It is SO much more useable on the 950 XL -- keeping the large tablet in the right position as you scan for the panorama shot if pretty difficult on the SP4 versus the 950 XL.

unless you have a rotating table :cool:

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The output is a jpg. I suppose It's better than not having any panorama on the camera app and we should be thankful. However since we did have something so much better, I can't bring myself to feel any enthusiasm. The photos app still has the functionality to fully use *.pano files after all so it would be nice if they could output that file format unless they're planning to remove that feature entirely in the future.

That's why I still have photosynth on my windows 10 mobile phone. With photosynth, you can do panorama not just laterally but vertically as well. What I really like is that I can download synths as *.pano files and when you watch it on the phone app of your phone or tablet, it's like watching VR without the headset. The picture changes as you move the phone about, or you could just view it manually by swiping with your finger.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, that old Photosynth app is pretty bad at stitching. You are usually better off taking the individual shots and then using the free Microsoft ICE to turn it into a panorama (which can be exported as pano to Photosynth again).

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What I really like is that I can download synths as *.pano files and when you watch it on the phone app of your phone or tablet, it's like watching VR without the headset. The picture changes as you move the phone about, or you could just view it manually by swiping with your finger.

Oh interesting, it's a standard? is it worth it?

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
It's quite good, easy to use and the stitching is well done. However, they are small files and lots of problems with perspectives of things like tall buildings. It's designed for quick snaps, non photo users, fine for that but stitching with ice or photoshop is still much better for more serious panoramas, if you don't mind the work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo