Have had the strangest issue, all of a sudden, my L950XL has changed the autocorrect in my messaging app to Spanish. Just happened yesterday, don't know why and don't know how (see screenshot).

Anyone have any idea how this happened, or better yet, how to change it back to English?

autocorrect_spanish.jpg

Any assistance would be welcome and appreciated.
    09-01-2016 07:05 AM
    Ok don't kill me, but did you try to move/swipe to left/right on the spacebar?

Also did you check settings?
    StanP50 and anthonyng like this.
    09-01-2016 07:14 AM
    Well, I tried that after reading your response, and what do you know, it's back to English. Don't know when I swiped it to change it, but must have not knowing. Thanks much for the insight, and the solution.
    ven07 and Chintan Gohel like this.
    09-01-2016 07:30 AM
    Well, I tried that after reading your response, and what do you know, it's back to English. Don't know when I swiped it to change it, but must have not knowing. Thanks much for the insight, and the solution.
    Well that was easy

You should consider removing the keyboards you're not using, as a precaution. I have two installed (Dutch and English). The phone had Spanish pre-installed, but I removed it lol

(I can speak and write Spanish, but the conversations just never go into that direction )
    melhiore and Chintan Gohel like this.
    09-01-2016 08:16 AM
    Well that was easy

You should consider removing the keyboards you're not using, as a precaution. I have two installed (Dutch and English). The phone had Spanish pre-installed, but I removed it lol

(I can speak and write Spanish, but the conversations just never go into that direction )
    Ok, sounds like a good solution, however I have gone into the language section in settings and see no way to remove the Spanish selections. Any insight as to how to do this?
    09-01-2016 08:24 AM
    Ok, sounds like a good solution, however I have gone into the language section in settings and see no way to remove the Spanish selections. Any insight as to how to do this?
    Scratch that, found the keyboards, and was able to delete it. Thanks again
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-01-2016 08:25 AM
    If you only want to remove the keyboard:

settings > time & language > keyboard > long tap on the one you'd like to remove and .....
    09-01-2016 08:26 AM
    HA, have EXACTLY the same issue but with French. I think my phone comes as a French import to UK. Managed to remove the keyboard but French language stays there with no option to remove...
    09-01-2016 10:10 AM
    HA, have EXACTLY the same issue but with French. I think my phone comes as a French import to UK. Managed to remove the keyboard but French language stays there with no option to remove...
    Say La V,
    09-01-2016 10:56 AM
    What do you mean by "stays there"?

You're trying to remove the keyboard but there's no option?
    09-01-2016 01:31 PM
    What do you mean by "stays there"?

You're trying to remove the keyboard but there's no option?
    Keyboard can be removed no probs however if you look at the installed language pack, French is the one that came with the device and I can not remove it. No option to do remove...
    09-01-2016 02:08 PM
    You can addith, but you can't takith away...so sayith Microsoft.
    ven07, melhiore and Chintan Gohel like this.
    09-01-2016 02:12 PM
    Keyboard can be removed no probs however if you look at the installed language pack, French is the one that came with the device and I can not remove it. No option to do remove...
    Stan is correct, you can remove it :p

I'm assuming that in the language section French is at the top? what's beneath it? Long tap on whatever is beneath it (preferably sth that resembles English) and select "move up". Once French is removed from the top, do the long tap again,this time around the option to remove it, should be available
    09-01-2016 05:32 PM
    Press and hold to get the remove option

Also, make sure it's not the first language on your list.
    09-01-2016 06:43 PM
    I have a similar problem - this time it's a phone on windows phone 8.1, denim

It came with Kiswahili installed for the keyboard - whenever I remove the keyboard, after a few hours or days the keyboard magically comes back. I can't seem to permanently remove the keyboard. Installed language is English UK, not other language

Any ideas? I am thinking of updating to windows 10 mobile
    ven07 likes this.
    09-03-2016 06:14 AM
    I am thinking of updating to windows 10 mobile
    Try, you can always revert back. Wondering what kind of surprise you get after update... :)
    Last edited by melhiore; 09-03-2016 at 10:05 AM. Reason: typos
    09-03-2016 10:05 AM
    It came with Kiswahili installed for the keyboard - whenever I remove the keyboard, after a few hours or days the keyboard magically comes back. I can't seem to permanently remove the keyboard. Installed language is English UK, not other language
    Did you hard reset and try to remove it afterwards? was the phone locked to a certain company previously?
    09-03-2016 12:52 PM
    Did you hard reset and try to remove it afterwards? was the phone locked to a certain company previously?
    it's brand new, no locking in this country - I haven't hard reset - might do it after upgrading to W10M
    ven07 likes this.
    09-04-2016 04:58 AM