Help with uk wall charger replacment pls?

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey all

My 950 xl UK wall charger has gone on the blink, not sure why because it just stays in 1 socket permanently, why MS had to mold the cable into the charger.. I dont understand, a USB socket wouldve been better ... but there you go..

Im wanting to replace it.. Ive found an official MS one by a UK seller.on ebay for ?15 free p&p, but would any 5V / 3A charger be ok, or should I get the official MS one?.

Also, at the moment Im using my G4 charger which is 5V / 1.8A along with a USB C cable into the LG charger... it seems to be charging ok, and I figured with the LG charger being a lower Amps (1.8A), but same voltage (5V) it will be be a slower charge but safe enough to use for now.. Is that right?.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Not sure about that 24A, it is 24 Watts which should be around 4A max from the charger and not per port... Devices will take as much as they need to certain limits like capabilities of the charger, fuse etc. If charger can not provide what device require you will probably get the message like "device is charging slowly" - at least on windows 10...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12