Gadgets app not working on 950XL with AU

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Gadgets has always been flaky on the 950XL DS from day 1, but after much troubleshooting, here's the current situation

1. If I use WDRT to roll back to Threshold, gadgets app works fine
2. If I upgrade to AU via the normal install process, gadgets app shows the status from how it was when it was last on Threshold. e.g. if my bluetooth speaker was connected and band disconnected prior to the update, it would always show the same thing, even with BT turned off. No new devices are detected and un-pairing an existing device doesn't change the state.
3. If I factory reset after upgrading to AU, gadgets app always remains empty, doesn't show new devices.

Has anyone else has issues with the gadgets app similar to this?

Please note that my devices all work fine, but the gadgets app doesn't see them. This is preventing me from buying a Treasure Tag.

Last edited:

lucabiax

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with the Gadgets app since the AU. People are reporting this problem on the italian Windows Store as well and the app score dropped drastically; sadly still no fix so far :/

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I've only had the phone for maybe 2 weeks prior to the AU push. Most of my devices were installed afterwards.

I've renamed, re-installed and fresh installed numerous devices and have not run across this issue - unless I misunderstood the initial comment. It is seeing my Band 2 right now actually.

Hopefully this is just a small amount of glitches overall.

Build: 10.0.14393.67 (retail)
Hardware: 4.0.3.1
RM-1116

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what the trigger for this is. After a hard reset, each time I have tried pairing with a different device first (once my Bluetooth speaker, once my band, once my car speakerphone), but not even a single device shows up. I actually need a treasure tag right now, but can't because of this bug.

Hope whoever has run across this issue has submitted it in the feedback hub, or upvoted one of the many existing posts already there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb