950xl battery bank

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Use the USB to C cable that came with your phone.
Connect to the USB on your charger, connect the "C" end to your phone.
Press the power button on your charger as needed to start charging.
Good luck.

Ping Timeout

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by JRDEMASKUS
Use the USB to C cable that came with your phone.
Connect to the USB on your charger, connect the "C" end to your phone.
Press the power button on your charger as needed to start charging.
Good luck.
That is the problem, nothing happens. Battery bank is Xiaomi 16000mah. It works on all of my other devices, except 950 xl. Something is not right and i can't figure out what.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to read that.
Maybe find another USB to C cable to try?
Or maybe another power bank, perhaps the wiring is different in the USB ports?

I just verified that mine works as I described in my previous post. So I don't think it is a hardware or software issue.

zioale

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
That is the problem, nothing happens. Battery bank is Xiaomi 16000mah. It works on all of my other devices, except 950 xl. Something is not right and i can't figure out what.
I regularly use a 16.000 mah Xiaomi power bank with my 950XL using the Microsoft cable provided with the phone and everything works fine.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site

Sounds like case of thin (=high gauge=low ampere) USB cable. 950XL battery charging needs a low gauge USB wire that can carry enough DC current.

Ping Timeout

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I also tried usb 2.0 typeC - fruitless. Starting to think i've bought fraud battery bank with usb 1.0 ...
BTW, i tried to turn off device and plug the bank - device tuns on, but doesn't charge :D

Last edited:

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Probably not enough power output (amperage) if you using the supplied USB to USB-C OEM cable that came with your 950XL.

I got a 30000mAh battery bank by Aukey with USB-C and QuickCharge 3.0. It works even with 3rd party 10foot USB-C to USB-C cable.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by midnightfrolic
Probably not enough power output (amperage) if you using the supplied USB to USB-C OEM cable that came with your 950XL.

I got a 30000mAh battery bank by Aukey with USB-C and QuickCharge 3.0. It works even with 3rd party 10foot USB-C to USB-C cable.

I use a 16000mAh from aukey, this is usb qc 2.0, just not as quick to power up! None the less it works!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo