950 XL dual SIM questions?

BMT001

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Does any one know if there is any difference between the 950 XL duel SIM RM-1116 International US compliant for sale at B&H Photo that's $399.99 plus an extra $58 if you want the dock. And the one for sale on the Microsoft store that's $499.99 with the free dock. I contacted the Microsoft Store via chat and called my local store and both said its a duel Sim that's it. They said they didn't have model numbers. Which sounded odd? I will be running it on AT&T using the SIM from my 950. Great little phone just to small for me. I am used to a larger phone. Any help is appreciated.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
B&H Photo typically buys unlocked Windows Phones made for the Latin American markets.

I purchased my Lumia 1520.3 from them. Great prices, great service, warranty through them (B&H) for one year if I remember correctly. You can't get Lumia (Microsoft) warranty as it is out of the Region it was made for.

It will work 100% in the US for GSM carriers and will be Factory Unlocked. You likely will not have Emergency/Amber alerts. If you run setup/first use without a SIM it will default to Spanish (Mexico) or similar. If you run setup with a SIM it will read the SIM for default language. Firmware and Software will update directly from Microsoft. My 1520 Firmware has me locked out of Field Test if that matters to you...

BMT001

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I would use the SIMs from my Lumia and Samsung Note 5. From everything I have read that seems the best route to go is setup with my AT&T SIMs in. In your honest opinion if money wasn't an object since we are talking less than $100. Would you personally A. Buy from Microsoft $499 with dock and factory warranty. B. Buy from B&H for $399. C. Buy pre-owned B&H 10/10 return $319 or D. Buy a new single SIM RM-1085 on ebay for $419. Your help really is appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro