Universal Emulator UWP + XBOX ONE S bluetooth works!

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Copied from another post I posted in.

I just got the XBOX ONE S controller that has Bluetooth. Paired it with my 950XL and works with "Unversal Emulator" before the app was pulled. It will come back once the dev meets new requirements. It's a UWP app and has built in support to XBOX controllers. Works with XBOX ONE controllers via wired USB and XBOX ONE S via wired USB or Bluetooth. Very responsive and virtually lag free.

The emulator app works in Continuum and support NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis ROMS. Currently, it only supports save states, but not in-game save points. Not sure why. Great app and controller. I've never used an XBOX controller. Takes a bit of getting used to. It's bulkier than my old controllers.

The controller does not support Bluetooth audio via it's built in headphone jack. Just connected your headphones directly into the phone itself or go BT headphones. Connect it to your Windows 10 PC and update the firmware via "XBOX Accessories" app.

EDIT: additional experiences and tips welcomed. Has anyone gotten any other emulators/games/controllers to work well?

EDIT2: I am on the latest Insider FAST Build as of Sept 11th 2016. BUILD:14915.1000

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get Continuum to work with the original Xbox One? I'm part of the preview program but I can't find this "Wireless Display app" that people keep mentioning.

Edit: My whole goal is to be able to use the Universal Emulator app on my Xbox. I dunno how well it'll work out, but I want to try it and if it doesn't work, I at least still have a method of casting my phone to my screen.

occamsmonkey

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I was super stoked. I was using a wired 360 controller through a small C to USB adapter and it worked perfectly! I will be picking up the One S controller for Bluetooth, since cables suck. But holy crap! Worked amazingly well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire