Images not showing in contacts

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this is a W10M issue or 950XL issue...

All my contacts in my phone have images, for some reason they are no longer showing. Not sure if it was the last update or what. Anyone experiencing this?

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I deleted a contact and re-added it from a vcard file that I knew had an image, it still didn't show the image. I then re-added the image manually and it now shows. I really don't want to go through adding images for all my contacts again.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I suspect last WP10 update had some problems and could not install properly. My final solution ended up to be a hard reset.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
So I learned a few interesting things today...

I went through the thread 920 Walker recommended and followed the steps. Images still didn't show. I detached my outlook.com account from my people app and started to re-add my contacts (I exported them all to vcard files a long time ago). They imported back in with images, but then I noticed that only some of them did. It did NOT import the images from vcard files... wait for it, wait for it... if they only had a single contact number assigned. Any contact with two or more phones, a phone and an address (email or mail) came in with the image, those without a second contact did not bring over the image. Weirdest thing ever. It took me a while to figure out the formula.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Having the same issue because of the last update... Pretty annoying... Waiting to see if it fixes itself because I am NOT doing a restore.. No way no how.

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I can confirm this problem on Lumia 920 wp8.1 and lumia 950xl with official wp10.
Also i have sync error with live mail on desktop w10 and all phones. Same error code: 0x8500201d
Even "contacts+messages backup" app can't backup my contacts without crash.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here on Lumia 830 RS2 fast ring build 14926. I have still not set those contact IDs again. It's a tedious work :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro