Automatic Time Zone Malfunction

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
950XL:
When I traveled to a different time zone I noticed reminders & notifications still sounding at original time zone and hence automatic time zone did not function properly. After switching to new time zone still most apps were sounding at TZ1 and I had to delete their times and re-enter times so they work properly for TZ2. I suspect this is still an issue on 950XL causing app reminder & notification sounds disappear. :grincry:

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I have had to do a soft reset whenever I change time zones. I live at the very edge of a time zone so this comes up whenever I travel a bit.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Wipe the phone...... Do NOT restore from a backup. You seem to want a fix and leave the phone as is. That wont happen. Seems to be a lot of thumbs down posts from you. Maybe this isn't the platform for you... or its trolling.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Something is different on your OS load. There is no time zone issue on my 950XL.

In a second TMZ my 950XL still on auto TMZ was totally confused. I had to not only switch auto TMZ off but select that new TMZ and still notifications did sound as in old TMZ so the times needed be deleted and re-entered while in TMZ2.

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Tested on mine last Friday. My Time Zone setting are fine. No problems travelling from one TMZ to another. All times updating correctly...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
In a second TMZ my 950XL still on auto TMZ was totally confused. I had to not only switch auto TMZ off but select that new TMZ and still notifications did sound as in old TMZ so the times needed be deleted and re-entered while in TMZ2.

could it be your carrier has an issue? All others on this thread have positive views/experiences. Perhaps your carrier doesn't update quickly enough?

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm with the OP. My 950 has trouble with auto time zone as I moved from central U.S. to EST. I still have to manually select EST to have the correct time. It still goes back to CST when I choose auto time zone. Been a month since I moved. Can't imagine other people not having issues.

PS. I did soft reset but don't want to do hard reset just for this issue. My old flip phone didn't have this issue.

Powerman777

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
On a recent to to Europe, my 950 was hopeless when it came to recognizing local time and time zones. It just couldn't do it. If I manually selected the time zone, it still had the wrong time, so I just gave up on it for the duration of the trip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs