Loving my new 950 XL!!

BMT001

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Just got my new 950 XL RM-1116 in today from B&H Photo. I think I am in love! So glad I found this site!. If it wasn't for Windows Central I wouldn't have found the deal I did. Brand new 950 XL RM-1116, continuum dock and 200gb SD card shipped for $530. Plus a one year warranty through B&H. But more important than the deal is the advice and knowledge received from you guys here. It was a pretty easy process updating the software and firmware. I did have a few minor hiccups like everything worked accept making calls but a few more resets and switching of the sim cards a few times. And my new daily driver is complete. Good buy Samsung Note 5 & Lumia 950 you have been replaced by something better. So if anyone is in the market for a like new 950 send me a message. Its like brand new. My Note 5 was my main daily driver the 950 was a backup. If the phone was just a little larger I wouldn't have bought the 950 XL. But I am a big guy with big hands and I am use to phablet size. I just couldn't get use to it. But again thanks again everyone.

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Have had my 950 XL since January this year. I'm still using and have no plans to change phones. I don't really play games, I just read a lot, go on the internet, and do work stuff. Android is better if you want to do everything else.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Have had my 950 XL since January this year. I'm still using and have no plans to change phones. I don't really play games, I just read a lot, go on the internet, and do work stuff. Android is better if you want to do everything else.

I too really enjoy my 950XL and I have no plans to change it either. I also do not play games and just use my phone to be productive such as work or reading. I don't care either about the latest applications. If you do care about that though and you need things like Pok?mon Go and Snapchat then iPhone or Android are your only real choice.

Lucas-berlin

May 7, 2016
Visit site
The Lumia 950 Xl actually is a great phone. I definteley love it! The only thing I'm not really happy about is the IRIS scanner and that's it. Do you guys have any maior issues with your phone?

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
For the iris "Hello" scanner; try training it in other environments - especially those that are giving you issues. Doing so has allowed me to be driving, get in range of the phone in the cradle to log in, all the while not ever breaking from looking at the road. It doesn't care about your eyes, just the surrounding veins and wrinkles of your sockets. If you wear glasses, train with and also without them on.

I do believe it needs faster processing but now that it's "properly" trained it gets in as fast as if I were using the PIN.

Blacklizted

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I've owned the device since December and have no regrets. I've been tempted to switch by the Note 7 and iPhone 7 but I just don't like how MS Office apps look in Android and iOS. Also, I couldn't give up Cortana for Google Now or Siri.

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Sure there are many basic features still missing but I really like the way MS integrates office apps and OneDrive, pair that with ability to sync from home pc and its priceless... Never really cared for the quality of exterior of the phone.

mtbmike24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My first 950xl the iris scanner didn't work well it would take like 5 minutes to learn my eyes and sometimes it would take even longer it kind of sucked I came to the conclusion that it was a just a gimmick and left it at that. One day my phone flew off my motorcycle and then got ran over. I have a 2 year replacement warranty on my phone so I got it replaced I set up the iris scanner on the new phone and it learned my eyes in seconds and works great sometimes unlocking before I can get my pin entered works great at night also. So I would say if a hard reset doesn't work then you have a defective scanner. I haven't had any troubles since and the scanner on my phone works great. The only time I have issues is in the sunlight wearing sunglasses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb