The strangest thing happened: 950XL SW totally messed up/crashed

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
This morning I suddenly noticed an interesting bug in notification center: there were strange names instead of apps, but everything seemed to be working fine.

wp_ss_20160919_0004_edited.jpg

Then I decided to reboot and *poof*, my start menu was gone, instead there was only list of apps. I could open notification center, cortana, all the apps, but start menu just was not there. Nothing happened if I swiped to the right. I did a soft reset and everything was the same. Then a notification came, to update to build .189. Well, I thought that it can't be any worse can it? Boy was I wrong:) After an update, every single app has vanished from my phone, except these ones here:

wp_ss_20160919_0005.jpg

I can find an app with cortana, but it cannot be opened. So I guess its WDRT for me. I am not even mad, I am amazed :grin:

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
And for the cherry on top: Backup cannot be restored, something went wrong. Now I'm mad. Ofcourse there is no option to restore from yesterday or last week, there is only backup available from today and it's clearly broken. Motherf?#%"*#!

And again, after a failed restore, I'm without the start menu.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Time for a clean update after hard reset...makes your phone brand new.:smile: Just don't restore from backup.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah..I know what I have to do, but that is a real pain in the *** for me. Installing all the apps again and adjusting all the settings..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett