Another GREAT Update from MSFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Latest production release, just bricked my phone... Sitting surfing the web shortly after the .189 upgrade my screen goes green and yellow with horizontal lines. Samsung Galaxy here I come.

Last edited by a moderator:

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I am very sorry to hear that you are having a major issue with your phone. Have you tried the Windows Device Recovery Tool? That's a lot cheaper than buying a new phone.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Weird that it would happen in conjunction with the update, although they're CPU intensive, so maybe it just caused something that was teetering to go.

I'm curious to hear how this plays out, given some of the recent warranty reports.

BMT001

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I think its more a coincidence than the update it self. I have all the latest firmware installed and fast ring Insider updates and my 950 XL is awesome. Zero problems with anything which I can honestly say is a first especially with the Insider updates.

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know if the MS Stores will do a warranty swap out? I did have an original 950XL, probably one of the first off the line as I ordered it the day it opened.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've not done it, but reading across the forums it seems that a walk in to a physical Microsoft Store is the best solution if​ you purchased from Microsoft directly either through a store or online.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
If you bought the 2 year complete you will likely get a replacement.

Have you pulled the battery and checked if it's swollen or anything? My phone started giving me issues after an update. Lots of reboots, power offs, crashing. And it turned out the battery had swollen. They replaced it right away since I have the extended warranty.

It's hard for me to brush it off as coincidence. Did the software cause the issue or was it just going to happen anyways. My view on that is that recent software updates have caused my unit to run incredibly hot. And even at times when doing nothing heavy it will get hot and drain battery. I've had this before where an update does that and then subsequent updates may fix it. So yah MS is definitely responsible for some of this stuff. I was on insider back then but because of it have remained on production. Now the production one is causing heat issues.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, MSFT better keep their store business, will post about that experience now...

Fair warning, the Microsoft Store tried to fight my sister on a warranty replacement of her Band 2, after the online support instructed her to drive 2 hours to do that exchange. She eventually got the replacement, but it took a lot of convincing. Their customer service is spotty, and their warranties aren't all that good, on some products (the XB1 controller warranty is a joke).

Grimwar

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Fit for purpose. Is a European law that covers consumer's from buying over priced insurance. If the Item/Device becomes faulty due to no fault of the buyer. The law requires the Store/manufacture to refund/replace said item. This Law while is not used a lot IMHO is a tool to convince stupid sales people, that I need a refund or replacement device. I live in Ireland and last July , I had to return a faulty item to a United Kingdom supplier, (Brittan) (England) and was informed via email that European laws were no longer valid and as I had no insurance, items can not be returned from Ireland.
WTF They are still in the European Union and this came from a Amazon supplier!
The Brexit is not even official, it will take a few years and yet these cheap skate UK based companies are winching out of European Laws.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99