Anyone knows how to install Microsoft version of Facebook on 950xl windows 10?

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I accidentally deleted the Microsoft version of Facebook and now I can't reinstall it.
Does anyone know how to install this on windows 10.

Maybe side load the xap. All the ones I found online won't install. Not sure why.

The reason I would like it back on my phone is that when I go into the people hub, I can scroll right and my news feed would show up there. With the UWP official facebook app, nothing shows up and/or that option is not there.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
One solution which comes ti my mind is a hard reset, and not letting the Store to update apps automatically. I'm not sure if this would work though, and there could be a better solution. Who knows.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally deleted the Microsoft version of Facebook and now I can't reinstall it.
Does anyone know how to install this on windows 10.

Maybe side load the xap. All the ones I found online won't install. Not sure why.

The reason I would like it back on my phone is that when I go into the people hub, I can scroll right and my news feed would show up there. With the UWP official facebook app, nothing shows up and/or that option is not there.

I had same problem on my 650 after a HR, no way to find or extract tthe old original MS xap, and store giving message "Your device isn't compatible"

Yesterday a madre a WDRT for grabbing the new firmware with the double tap to wake up, so phone reverted to Threshold2. I stopped all Store updates, gone straight to Redstone AU update, then I update all store apps using my catalogue.
I found installed the old original FB by MS with the bigger F logo and sync with People and Calendar worked at last!

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I had same problem on my 650 after a HR, no way to find or extract tthe old original MS xap, and store giving message "Your device isn't compatible"

Yesterday a madre a WDRT for grabbing the new firmware with the double tap to wake up, so phone reverted to Threshold2. I stopped all Store updates, gone straight to Redstone AU update, then I update all store apps using my catalogue.
I found installed the old original FB by MS with the bigger F logo and sync with People and Calendar worked at last!

Really don't want to do a hard reset just to get that option back. I was hoping that maybe someone have a modified XAP. I notice a thread on here about getting the old FB messenger and for some reason I was able to install it but that didn't help with my people hub news feed. I'm surprise the new official UWP Facebook does have that option. It was so convenient.

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
After hours of searching, I found the XAP that works for side loading/installing the Microsoft version of Facebook.
Let me know if anyone needs it.

daveymoll

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I would appreciate a link have 635 cant get people app to work, tried both versions of FB to no avail. Trouble is im not very IT so is it a simple download, EG; not even sure what XAP / Side loading Means ? lol

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I would appreciate a link have 635 cant get people app to work, tried both versions of FB to no avail. Trouble is im not very IT so is it a simple download, EG; not even sure what XAP / Side loading Means ? lol

Because it is packed as an XAP file it cannot be installed the easy way (from file explorer). You can connect to your phone from a web browser after enabling that in the developer settings and sideload from that interface. There is a link on XDA where it looks to be packaged as an appx file. That one can be installed from the phone by tapping it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3