USB 3.0 Does Not See 950XL on PC

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Although USB cable included with 950XL has a blue connector indicating that it is USB 3.0 but yet when I connect it to my PC USB 3.0 output, PC and 9500XL are not connected unless I add a piece of USB 2.0 cable between connection or use a USB 2.0 outlet on PC. :confused::wink::cool:

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Did this start recently or ongoing from day one?
Also have you checked the usb settings on the 950XL?

This issue existed from day 1 and confused me. Originally I assumed my PC USB outlet was defective but after I needed to add an extension USB cable between PC to 950XL I was surprised that connection was made. Later I discovered PC USB was a USB 3.0 outlet and 950XL included cable failed to generate file access to 950XL SD card and memory folders & files but when accidentally I used an old USB 2.0 extension cable between PC USB 3.0 outlet and 950XL cable then PC sounded with PC-950XL connection made and I could see folders & files on 950XL via PC explorer.

950XL USB settings are limited to only asking for a password and a connection problem notification and both did not have any effect on USB connection.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The usb cable that came with my 950 xl dual sim does not have a blue connector. Both ends black.My laptop recognizes the phone just fine. Did your purchase your phone new?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
This issue existed from day 1 and confused me. Originally I assumed my PC USB outlet was defective but after I needed to add an extension USB cable between PC to 950XL I was surprised that connection was made. Later I discovered PC USB was a USB 3.0 outlet and 950XL included cable failed to generate file access to 950XL SD card and memory folders & files but when accidentally I used an old USB 2.0 extension cable between PC USB 3.0 outlet and 950XL cable then PC sounded with PC-950XL connection made and I could see folders & files on 950XL via PC explorer.

Hmm, try updating / reinstall your USB host drivers.

950XL USB settings are limited to only asking for a password and a connection problem notification and both did not have any effect on USB connection.

I see... and you had tried all your usb ports?

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
950XL USB Test Results:

• Under all BIOS USB Legacy conditions:
    • OEM 950XL USB connecting cable does NOT see files/folders via PC USB 3.0
    • OEM 950XL USB connecting cable does see files/folders via PC USB 2.0
    • eBay cheap 950XL USB cable can see files/folder via both USB 2.0 as well as USB 3.0

CONCLUSION:
Microsoft OEM cable included with 950XL original package does NOT connect PC to 950XL via USB 3.0 for files/folders manipulation.

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
950XL USB Test Results:

• eBay cheap 950XL USB cable can see files/folder via both USB 2.0 as well as USB 3.0

CONCLUSION:
Microsoft OEM cable included with 950XL original package does NOT connect PC to 950XL via USB 3.0 for files/folders manipulation.

Mesbah what motherboard you have? Also,did you tried to connect any other device to your USB3 ports?Looks like your USB3 controller on motherboard fails. Listen TechFreak1 and double check your bios settings.Then you can check do you have all drivers installed on your PC(use device manager for that).

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
950XL USB Test Results:

CONCLUSION:

@Mesbah - are you sure your phone is OK?? You seem to have problems most of us does not experience. Looking at most of your posts there is something continuously wrong with your mobile...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss