some issues with latest Insider Build 14926

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to go back to latest non-insider builds. I have restarted my phone twice (first time with a restore, second time without a restore) and both times the phone has loaded with 14926.100 build.

I'm having terrible battery life, I used to have 50% by the end of the day at 10pm from taking off charge at 7am. People contacts are not synchronising (no photos on Live Tile), plus a number of other issues that I'm hoping will be fixed by going back to retail.

HOW ON EARTH do you stop Insider builds? I only have the options of stopping builds temporarily, up to 7 days, or moving from Fast to Slow rings. When I click on the link to Stop Insider Builds completely, it takes me to a web page, which basically tells me to reset the phone, which I have done, twice!

can anyone help/guide me? I currently don't have access to a USB C cable to connect to my PC.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to go back to latest non-insider builds. I have restarted my phone twice (first time with a restore, second time without a restore) and both times the phone has loaded with 14926.100 build.

I'm having terrible battery life, I used to have 50% by the end of the day at 10pm from taking off charge at 7am. People contacts are not synchronising (no photos on Live Tile), plus a number of other issues that I'm hoping will be fixed by going back to retail.

HOW ON EARTH do you stop Insider builds? I only have the options of stopping builds temporarily, up to 7 days, or moving from Fast to Slow rings. When I click on the link to Stop Insider Builds completely, it takes me to a web page, which basically tells me to reset the phone, which I have done, twice!

can anyone help/guide me? I currently don't have access to a USB C cable to connect to my PC.

You cannot, only restoring phone via WDRT. A phone can be upgraded, not downgraded (like pcs).
Stopping builds doesn't mean your phone will download istant production build.
Better for you switching to slow and wait nex slow ring build, if you don't like recovering your phone via Windows Device Recovery Tool
For now, check Settings -> Battery -> Show Apps per use and find culprits, then disable them in background, then let your phone sync a couple of days

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
'm trying to go back to latest non-insider builds

You opted to receive early redstone 2 builds which are highly unstable and bugged. I am not at all surprised with the issues that you are facing .

To quit insiders and roll back to official public release, follow the instruction as mentioned here:> How to roll back from Windows 10 Mobile preview to Windows Phone 8.1 | Windows Central

Though the article reads "
from windows 10 preview to 8.1" it applies for every device and even to your lumia 950 which came with windwos 10 out of box.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes