Camera Questions - Preview Time and *.thumbs

Geordie Glazer

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Good evening everyone. I recently switched over to a 950XL. When I take pics with HDR, these *.thumbs files are synced to my OneDrive. What are they? Do I need them, don't seem to. Can I stop this?

Also is there a way to have the last picture taken preview on the screen for a second or two instead to having to tap on the camera roll icon to see the last picture?

Thanks for any help you can offer. :)

g

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Good evening everyone. I recently switched over to a 950XL. When I take pics with HDR, these *.thumbs files are synced to my OneDrive. What are they? Do I need them, don't seem to. Can I stop this?

Also is there a way to have the last picture taken preview on the screen for a second or two instead to having to tap on the camera roll icon to see the last picture?

Thanks for any help you can offer. :)

g

what are the size of the .thumbs files?

As for the second question, that option used to be there a couple of years back, but not any more :cry:

AuraTigital

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
.thumbs should just be just cached thumbnail data. It's safe to delete them, not sure how to prevent them from being synced though. Weird that it's being synced.

Geordie Glazer

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys, the *.thumbs are only a few hundred Kb and I can just delete them, but they're just annoying, be nice to disable them.

Weird thing is, I can't figure out how they're generated. Some images have a .thumb to go with the main image, some don't. If I take 6 pictures right now and don't view them on my phone, when I check OneDrive on my desktop, some of those images will have a .thumb to go with it. It's a head scratcher.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys, the *.thumbs are only a few hundred Kb and I can just delete them, but they're just annoying, be nice to disable them.

Weird thing is, I can't figure out how they're generated. Some images have a .thumb to go with the main image, some don't. If I take 6 pictures right now and don't view them on my phone, when I check OneDrive on my desktop, some of those images will have a .thumb to go with it. It's a head scratcher.

I've not heard of thumb files being visible unless they are supposed to be hidden but actually have been changed to show up normally

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss