HDR photo feature question

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
It seems like on some pictures the HDR enhancement button is available in the bottom left of the picture. On others it's available via the hamburger menu (but then errors out).

Anyone know how the HDR functions work. I have it set to force HDR during pic taking.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
It seems like on some pictures the HDR enhancement button is available in the bottom left of the picture. On others it's available via the hamburger menu (but then errors out).

Anyone know how the HDR functions work. I have it set to force HDR during pic taking.

I have noticed that you have to have the flash on for it to actually work. Usually the ones with the HDR enhancement button available are the ones that actually are HDR. You might want to check if that is true for your phone, but it is just what I noticed with mine

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed that you have to have the flash on for it to actually work. Usually the ones with the HDR enhancement button available are the ones that actually are HDR. You might want to check if that is true for your phone, but it is just what I noticed with mine

This is how it works on my 950XL as well. I think they are using the different exposures with the three colored LEDs to create the HDR effect.

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Mine is weird. I will take photos with flash off, and still get the HDR option, and even allowed to adjust brightness. Its not that much of a difference with the slider settings, but it is noticeable. Other times I cannot get HDR to work with flash settings on.

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Mine is weird. I will take photos with flash off, and still get the HDR option, and even allowed to adjust brightness.
Its not that much of a difference with the slider settings, but it is noticeable.

In this case, with flash off, HDR works with different exposure values.
You are adjusting the exposure value after you have taken a photo with flash off.

With flash on, it is a combination of exposure values and flash levels.

Other times I cannot get HDR to work with flash settings on.

HDR is the old rich capture from Lumia Camera . It is a hit or miss kinda right now with the Windows Camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos