Can't send text messages without rebooting

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Haven't had the issue since installing, but another weird one cropped up where I couldn't make a phone call and it would say my phone was in Airplane mode when it clearly wasn't. Had to pull my SIM card, boot with no SIM, then pull the battery and re-insert my SIM to get it to work and make calls. But I was sending and receiving texts just fine just couldn't make calls.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had the issue since installing, but another weird one cropped up where I couldn't make a phone call and it would say my phone was in Airplane mode when it clearly wasn't. Had to pull my SIM card, boot with no SIM, then pull the battery and re-insert my SIM to get it to work and make calls. But I was sending and receiving texts just fine just couldn't make calls.

So far I haven't had to reboot to fix my texting issue, so fingers crossed they did indeed fix it! I did not have any issues placing a phone call myself.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am on 14946 and I am having this same issue. Cannot send nor receive MMS with any of my contacts (regardless of their carrier). I did report this in the Feedback Hub. Did anybody find a resolution when they upgraded to the latest build? Or any workaround? AT&T tech support seems clueless when I tried to speak with them.

I am on AT&T with unlocked dual-sim 950XL. Never had this problem till now so I am confident it is an OS bug.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am on 14946 and I am having this same issue. Cannot send nor receive MMS with any of my contacts (regardless of their carrier). I did report this in the Feedback Hub. Did anybody find a resolution when they upgraded to the latest build? Or any workaround? AT&T tech support seems clueless when I tried to speak with them.

For me it just started working after the most recent update. I haven't had a single issue since installing 14946. Which is more than I can say for my poor Groove app :-(

I am on AT&T with unlocked dual-sim 950XL. Never had this problem till now so I am confident it is an OS bug.

beershark

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Same problem for me on my 950XL single sim locked to EE UK. Was fine until about a week ago on 15014 fast ring. Then seemed to stop working. Hard reset twice and installed 15025 and still no joy.

I did try switching to Skype Preview as default SMS which screwed everything up. Another factory reset on 15025 and same issue.

Tried tweaking settings, switching between messaging & Skype and EE have sent settings twice but scuppered.

After reboot everything is OK for anywhere between 15 mins and an hour then nothing until reboot.

rahat ali1

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Am using Lumia 650, which is good looking but its very slow 🐌 and can't be compared with the market devices coming in same price to that cell phones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion