Low Volume

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a 950xl dual-SIM and I find the output volume pretty low, even when it's cranked all the way. Even if I plug it into an amp and crank it some more it's still kind of low. Does anyone else find it quiet, or am I just deaf? Is there something limiting the volume, and is there a way to override it? I have an unbranded/unlocked phone bought from an MS store.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a 950xl dual-SIM and I find the output volume pretty low, even when it's cranked all the way. Even if I plug it into an amp and crank it some more it's still kind of low. Does anyone else find it quiet, or am I just deaf? Is there something limiting the volume, and is there a way to override it? I have an unbranded/unlocked phone bought from an MS store.

I don't have this issue, mine gets quite loud. You might be deaf :)

There is something in the registry for it (Interop Tools), but I'm not sure it will really override the volume. If it really is that quiet it sounds like it could be a hardware issue, I suggest taking it to a Microsoft store and see if they will do a replacement.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's me, could be deaf. I've been blasting loud music for many years, maybe my ears have had enough. I do get the impression the volume is being limited though, maybe for safety reasons. I'll dig up my 640 and see how it compares. I have an HTC running WP8 so that might be interesting to compare too.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
My 950XL was much louder prior to Ann Update. It appears each update introduced some audio bugs as some notifications disappeared then audio volume is lower now. :sweaty:

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Everything I interface with seems to have a decent volume. I have my notifications at 3.

Everything, except for the voice prompts for Maps navigation. While listening to some music and driving, I though the music was cutting out due to Bluetooth issues. What it really was, the music was pausing for the voice prompts. Even cranked all the way up on both the phone and the radio, you could barely make out what was being said.

I wish I knew how to adjust or fix that.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes