Pen / stylus for 950XL

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I recently found an UWP app that has some "Ink-like" features for phones (and every other windows devices) https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fp%2Ffast-ink%2F9nblggh52t6c&token=hbXyy77W

But I would really like to use a pen with it. My father bought some cheap stuff at Amazon (something like that : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0...1&tag=tech0c1e-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3581874 ) but that doesn't work at all.

So I was wondering if anyone already found / used a proper pen with its 950XL ?

Thanks for your feedback.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
those pens should work, they work on ALL capacitive touch screens, what probably wont work is a wacom pen/stylus that depend on a wacom touch screen...

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, it doesn't. Weeeeeell; kinda. It works 20% of the time, I have to get it warm (by putting it in my hands for a few seconds, for example), while my dad and his phone + tablet doesn't have to. It's almost like the glass of the 950XL is... too thick ? :/

I've seen a post about a dude using a pen/stylus with his 650 and it seems like it was working quite well. So before I try the one he has, I wanted to know if anyone else was using something on their 950s

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't use it very often, but those el cheapo ink pen + stylus (with a very big rubber tip) work fine. Though it is hard to be precise with them. I guess a more expensive one with a finer (but still not thaat fine) tip should work too.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, it doesn't. Weeeeeell; kinda. It works 20% of the time, I have to get it warm (by putting it in my hands for a few seconds, for example), while my dad and his phone + tablet doesn't have to. It's almost like the glass of the 950XL is... too thick ? :/

I've seen a post about a dude using a pen/stylus with his 650 and it seems like it was working quite well. So before I try the one he has, I wanted to know if anyone else was using something on their 950s

I hate to tell ya dude, but the dollar store pens work just fine on my 950XL...

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Erf.
I guess I'll try to find a store nearby and try some other pens, may be the tip is way too thick on these ones. Since it seems to be working for a few of you, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work on mine.

Thanks for your feedback, everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720