Good place to buy a 950XL

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I am soon going to move my business account from Sprint to T-Mobile. I am thinking of eventually getting a Idol Pro 4, but in the mean time I don't want to be tied down to a contract. Anyone know of a site to purchase either a 950 or XL on the cheap. Also, are their limitations to running these phones on TMobile. I remember hearing that wifi calling wouldn't work. Any thing else?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Check out B&H Photo Video (google them). I tried a used 950 from there for $300, no problems (and 30 day returns!). You can also try swappa.com too.

As for T-Mobile, you would only be able to use Band 12 for data and not data + voice, so no HD voice. As you already said, WiFi calling doesn't work. Aside from those two things, no issues.

BMT001

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I just got mine from B&H about 6 weeks ago and I love it. You may want to talk to AT&T about a business plan also. I switched my business account to AT&T about 1 year ago and they have pretty aggressive pricing for businesses. I got about $3000 in bill credits just for switching and I cuurently have 12 devices split into to plans for a total of 55GB of data per month plus rollover data for $340 per month. Plus they will run Deals only for Business customers. Last December I bought 4 Surface 3 Enterpise Editions all with 4GB RAM all 4 cost me a total of $300. Just a suggestion.

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Do you know of any decent phones that work on Tmobile without restrictions? What about the 650XL. I'm just looking for something temporary until the Idol 4s is released.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Do you know of any decent phones that work on Tmobile without restrictions? What about the 650XL. I'm just looking for something temporary until the Idol 4s is released.

There are no unlocked Windows Phones that fit this (unless you can find an Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL (the Windows version), which is pretty low spec but not bad). If you mean the 640 XL, it's the same deal as the 950XL. If you get the Alcatel and can find it for cheap, that would give you VoLTE, HD Voice and WiFi Calling.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Can you help me out with the voice over lte? Does that just limit my ability to use data and voice simultaneously?

Sure. Voice over LTE allows you to use LTE data and HD Voice at the same time over Band 12. Otherwise, with phones like the 950XL, it goes down to 4G (if in a Band 12 area) when on a call. You can still use data and voice together, but your data will not be on LTE while on the call.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss