Am I missing phone calls because I am on band 12 on T-Mobile?

Dreamagain

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand how this stuff works but I do think I have been missing phone calls with my Lumia and not sure if this is the reason why?

If I check my phone now I am on Band 12 LTE getting data. This is the VOLTE band but as we know it doesn't work on Lumia. So as long as I am on Band 12 (basically everywhere i live) I may be missing phone calls? Or is that not how it works?

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand how this stuff works but I do think I have been missing phone calls with my Lumia and not sure if this is the reason why?

If I check my phone now I am on Band 12 LTE getting data. This is the VOLTE band but as we know it doesn't work on Lumia. So as long as I am on Band 12 (basically everywhere i live) I may be missing phone calls? Or is that not how it works?

How do you know you are on Band 12?

I'm not sure that would be the reason you are missing phone calls. I suspect it has more to do with Windows 10 Mobile. For some reason notifications are iffy.

How do you know you missed a call? For me I know I miss calls but not because my phone shows missed calls. The caller tells me they tried calling a few times (about 30 min later it shows missed calls). I have been trying like crazy to figure out why my phone does not always ring when called but no luck yet.

Fwiw, I'm on Cricket (AT&T) so I don't think it's related to LTE band usage

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Band 12 worked for me (my 950XL isn't my daily-driver anymore), 100%, in terms of LTE data.

Did you try the field-test, and disabling ALL EXCEPT band 12? I did this at some point, with TMo, and got screaming fast data, exclusively on Band12 (in a big city).

Yeah, you can't get a call on it, since VoLTE doesn't work, so if you're seeing it drop to 4G with a call, that's a different issue.

Try the Field-Test method, it's very eye-opening, I think my speeds were actually faster that way, when I went to 12 exclusively.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss