panorama function 950xl

edkaufmann

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
what in the world am I missing here? When I switched from WP 7.8 to WP10 ( with 950xl) it seems the 'panorama' function went 2 generations backwards compared to the 'Lumia panorama' app!

I must be missing something here. It must be my fault not knowing!
- I only can make a panorama picture with 2 photos!
- the UI is 3 generations backwards - but again ... I might just miss the goodies!
- I attached the screen when on 'panorama' - is this considered the UI - can't believe this!
(I'm not sure whether the attachment is really loaded!)
questions:
- where do I find a decent, up to date , documentation for the 950 xl? explaining all camera functions!
- how do I handle this 'panorama' thing!
thanks for your time and help, ed

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
OMG you're right! yea I'm not much of a pic guy, so this doesn't bother me none, but I can see the panorama app is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E... I honestly don't know what MS was thinking or the programmer of this app is just BAD! like REALLY BAD LOL what a way to ruin a great camera! good going guys!!

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
You don't have to take multiple images. After you make the first button push, just slowly move the camera in the direction of the arrow on the screen. When your image covers everything you want, push the button again to stop the recording. .

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
that doesn't happen with me, it stops by itself when I reach the other half of the screen and then the picture looks normal not panoramic... also the arrow tells to to moveup and then to the right... very confusing to say the least...

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
The panorama thing works fairly well in my experience. It tells you how to move and whether you are going too fast or slow, and whether you are tilting too high or low. This is one of the first efforts, not that great but ok. I got better later but I don't have those handy right now.

Attachments

• WP_20160827_16_13_43_Panorama.jpg
    WP_20160827_16_13_43_Panorama.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17

edkaufmann

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
embarrassing - I must be 'generation X'! Never came to my mind holding the camera upright ... to do a panorama!
thanks a lot - all ok now.

edkaufmann

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
embarrassing - I must be 'generation X'! Never came to my mind holding the camera upright ... to do a panorama!
thanks a lot - all ok now.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
LOL I was reading this post and I was like "HUH?"

Because the current (for months now) photo app has the easiest panorama photo tool I have ever used.
You just push the button and move the phone while keeping it level and then push the button again when done.

The resulting photo is rendered almost instantly and I have never been able to see any "stitching" artifacts like we would get in the older smart phones that you used multiple photos to make a panoramic image.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if I should take the OP's post seriously or not, because my experience with the panorama mode on my 950 has been nothing short of superb, and comparing this experience to the Lumia Panorama that I've used with my 620 and 830, the new Panorama mode is miles ahead. As one of the users above mentioned, the stitching process took mere seconds after I finished taking the panorama picture, and quality of panorama was really great. I also like how I only have to move the camera sideways like how it works in iPhones, rather than the old Lumia Panorama app where I'd have to move the camera from spot to spot, and sometimes giving me errors like "Move to the left" or "Move above", and even when I do so it still gave me errors lmao.

All in all, the new Panorama mode is better. Period.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My experience with panoramas was HORRIBLE. Had a small trip to Bremen, wanted to take some nice pics, look at the atrocities it made:

View attachment 136454
View attachment 136455
The stitching on the rightside looks bad, I'm not sure what transpired with your picts. I seldom use panaroma, but it always comes out decent. The only problem I ever face was it could not handle high variance in contrast... say, a sweeping shot of a beach at sunset.

...!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99