Please can MS take this phone and give me my money back?

Reino Botha

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Please can MS take this phone and give me my money back. In the last 24 hours I have done all the fixes that there is. Still the phone crashes when I do something as simple as press the windows button. Or try to answer a call. Or Switch off flight mode, or take a picture. or just unlocking it. I have wiped the phone clean several times now, reloading the OS, resetting the Phone, reload using the recovery tool. I'm just over it.

aespix

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Please can MS take this phone and give me my money back. In the last 24 hours I have done all the fixes that there is. Still the phone crashes when I do something as simple as press the windows button. Or try to answer a call. Or Switch off flight mode, or take a picture. or just unlocking it. I have wiped the phone clean several times now, reloading the OS, resetting the Phone, reload using the recovery tool. I'm just over it.

Have you updated the OS?

I updated everything and mine is fine.

Its a solid device and it's pretty good for the price.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Reino Botha

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Its up to date, i even removed all non- crucial apps.
I had the Lumia 800 then the 1020, Stunning Phones. Loved them. Up to a few weeks ago, the 950xl was ok, there was some minor irritations, but for the last few weeks, its been so bad, I will need to buy a secondary phone (that was never needed) for all the failures of the phone.

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Its up to date, i even removed all non- crucial apps.
I had the Lumia 800 then the 1020, Stunning Phones. Loved them. Up to a few weeks ago, the 950xl was ok, there was some minor irritations, but for the last few weeks, its been so bad, I will need to buy a secondary phone (that was never needed) for all the failures of the phone.

Sorry to hear that. The phone looks perfect overall.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Make sure the battery 🔋 is good, make sure there is no bulging, some people have been having trouble with their device because the battery was defective... If not then try an exchange over your warranty because the L950xl is a great device. I and others have been having 0 trouble with their device...

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any issue..become fast insider download latest build before that check for firmware update which enable double tap to wake..after installing new insider build restore phone....done you're device must work almost fine.

Nilesh64

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Really unfortunate that you are facing the issue. I moved to this phone 4 months ago after having used Android and iOS for years and I love this phone. Has been working flawlessly for me So far. You must have had a faulty piece.

Reino Botha

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the Support.
The battery was 5 days out of warranty... waiting for my service provider to receive one via Couriers.
In general, MS phone support and accessories are non-existent in South Africa. I have a 1020 with faulty ram that i can not get fixed as there is no-one able to fix it. To give you an idea... when I open the 950XL box in store in April, all the staff came to look at it, as it was the first one they sold...

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
thanks for all the support.
The battery was 5 days out of warranty... Waiting for my service provider to receive one via couriers.
In general, ms phone support and accessories are non-existent in south africa. I have a 1020 with faulty ram that i can not get fixed as there is no-one able to fix it. To give you an idea... When i open the 950xl box in store in april, all the staff came to look at it, as it was the first one they sold...
lol

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Typical 950XL..just return it for store credit. When I brought mine back after 3 previous exchanges, the techs confirmed huge numbers of returns, as its just bad hardware.

I got the 640XL and it blows away the 950XL. No stupid power button placement, cheap creaky case, poor battery, overheating, buggy "Saving" when taking pics, or random restarts,like on 950XL.

Last edited:

KRayn3r

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Mmm, I've been having similar issues to Reino. After finally going through the effort of a Factory Reset I'm still having issue with the phone randomly rebooting, often when simply unlocking the device or when messages come in. Very annoying indeed. I checked the battery and there doesn't seem to be an issue but maybe I should contact Vodacom and find out...

Reino Botha

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Good news. My phone is back to its wonderful self. NO restarts, NO crashes, NO extensive HEAT. (Just MineCraft, but that normal)
Vodacom took 3 weeks to deliver. My additional Battery is in the post that I bought online. But battery lasts all day now... so the secondary one will only be for emergency.

Thanks for all the advice.

Evans Temu

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I have this same ANNOYING problem and another headphone one on mine which made buying myself s7 edge a lot easier but haven't sold my 950xl and won't due to my love of the platform, iris scanner and continuum;) I'm just glad to confirm now the issue could be the battery as I anticipated although I'm a little sad as it's hard to get a new original 950xl battery where I live.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro