Please help with playing podcasts on 950 XL

jowilf

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
OK so I got my 950 XL last week from uk Microsoft store and so far really liking it. Had tried Google Pixel and although great phone, I think too overpriced. This XL cost me just ?255 after discounts and came with dock. I don't miss the apps too much, just the Arsenal one as liked to listen to games and my Lbc podcast app. I have managed to get round the Lbc podcast app by downloading from their website every day but only pain is, if I start to listen via Groove, then pause and go back to listen again, starts at the beginning again and loses where I listened up to..any ideas how I can get round this? Love the sound through headphones using custom equaliser. Much better than any phone I've owned, however speak on phone is quiet then listening to podcasts so if anyone could recommend a decent Bluetooth headset I would appreciate it? Thanks :grin:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello jowilf.

I also started listening to podcasts on my 950XL. To do this, I use the standard Podcasts app that is pre-installed. However, like you, my podcast could not be found when I searched for it. Contact the company responsible for the podcast and ask for the direct feed URL. It is a URL that points to where the XML podcast comes from and then add that to the Podcasts app and it should be fine.

I also found that podcasts in the Podcasts application will resume from where you last paused it.

Hope this helps.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I think PocketCasts is a better choice, but as of now it's broken on the latest insider build.
Podcast Lounge was the first podcast app I bought in the store, and while PocketCasts is not working, Podcast Lounge is saving me.
But I think PocketCasts a better app, and it's present in Windows, iOS and Android, and even syncs with the cloud, so you can use whatever you want and it will start just at where you've stopped. Can't wait for it to be fixed.

Sent with Lumia 640XL from mTalk

jowilf

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok thanks. Is there a way of finding out the direct feed url's without me having to wait for LBC to email me back? I am a paid up subscriber to their podcast serviced thanks

barotropic

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I think PocketCasts is a better choice, but as of now it's broken on the latest insider build.
Podcast Lounge was the first podcast app I bought in the store, and while PocketCasts is not working, Podcast Lounge is saving me.
But I think PocketCasts a better app, ....

I've tried them all, and prefer Podcast+ Pro. Recently updated to UWP, so can be used on phone, tablet and PC. Dev seems interested in improving it, unlike Pocketcasts, which on Windows is buggy and hasn't been updated in ages.

Sent from mTalk using a Dell Venue 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb