950xl sending photos in emails is hit & miss !!

Bretagne1989

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi to all.

I have a 950xl running the latest build 14965 obviously i am in the insider fast ring programme and at the moment my 950xl is running perfectly its such a brilliant phone. It seems to finally be making its mark ! It's like wine gets better with age Lol 😁!

Just one thing which is annoying and has been the same since i have had the phone since August regardless what build i have ever been on !!

Ever since i have had my phone when i attach a photo in a email and send it 50% of the time the photo sends to who ever i send it too and the other 50% of the time the photo does not get attached to the email ?? It always sends the email but just not the photo ?? I am using the standard outlook mail.

Plus another thing it does not shrink the photo down its always around 5-8mb so i can only really send one photo at a time !! It's crazy ! My old Lumia 930 i could always send roughly 16 at a time ! The camera on this phone is amazing and i still think it's the best out there even 1 year on. My girlfriend has the iPhone 7 plus and it can never take as good photos as this 950xl, its even further away when it takes them in the dark!!!

I can live with the large sending photo sizes but can't live with my phone not sending pictures when ever it wants too !

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bretagne.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
please check under settings that mail is allowed to function in the background as we all know huge files cannot be sent over the mail in a snap. it will take time and if you leave the mail app before it has uploaded/sent the whole mail that is when this happens. make sure it is allowed to function in the background so that it keeps on functioning even when you have left the app or gone tot he start screen.
Also make sure you are connected to a strong network(wifi/LTE). To rule out any case of failed uploads.

Bretagne1989

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi Abhishek singh21.

Thanks for the reply. I have checked all my settings and all is ok there. Most of the time i am on WiFi so my signal is always strong. I have tried it on 4g too and it's hit and miss the same as it is on WiFi.
Kind of lost for ideas on this one ??

I always wait until the sending email screen disappears too so i don't close it while its sending.

Surely it just can't be me with this issue??

Any more help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Bretagne.

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Abhishek singh21.

Thanks for the reply. I have checked all my settings and all is ok there. Most of the time i am on WiFi so my signal is always strong. I have tried it on 4g too and it's hit and miss the same as it is on WiFi.
Kind of lost for ideas on this one ??

I always wait until the sending email screen disappears too so i don't close it while its sending.

Surely it just can't be me with this issue??

Any more help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Bretagne.

I have the same problem. From time to time, the attached photos don't go. Just the plain simple email. Can't understand the reason too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire