Any Sales Expected?

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft resolved the issue with my order by creating another "free" order for the docking station and 950. I guess all is well with me. Good Luck to everyone else. I hope these phones aren't the pieces of junk that some posts would lead one to believe. I also ordered the Mozo brown leather back for the 950XL. I heard good things about that item. Anyone using it with their 950 or 950XL?

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
YES, I had to place another order this morning to include the 950 & Display dock.
Like you, could NOT cancel the original order.

I guess I did not read your post closely enough, but this is what was done to address the issue with my order. When I first read it this morning, I thought it said you had placed an entirely new order.

When I first placed my order, I had the option to cancel. That was no longer an option when I got around to chatting with customer service hours later.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I'd just like to say that I've been dreaming of a Lumia 950 for over a year now. I finally have the Xbox One (S), Surface (Pro 4), and now the Lumia. I'm so utterly content and can't wait to get my new phones. I'll finally be retiring my Lumia 830, Lumia 635, and HP Stream 8. I'll also be handing the Lumia 640 to my girlfriend since she broke the last phone I gave to her haha (Nexus 6).

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Red doesn't show up. Geez! What alot of work to figure out how to read your comment. Is it worth it?

I'm not sure what you mean. I can see his comments, in red text, just fine. Do you not see them? What kind of device are you using to read this forum?

I also think I may have been right and then wrong regarding his order situation. It does read as if he submitted an entirely new order for the bundle. Yesterday was a long day.

I have received tracking info for my first order that consists of only the 950XL and Mozo cover. I haven't gotten anything for the order Microsoft created for the dock and 950.

pazces84

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am very tempted to get on this deal. I just purchased the 650 and the device is great but 950xl would be an upgrade, even though the device is older. At least I think it is...

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean. I can see his comments, in red text, just fine. Do you not see them? What kind of device are you using to read this forum?

I also think I may have been right and then wrong regarding his order situation. It does read as if he submitted an entirely new order for the bundle. Yesterday was a long day.

I have received tracking info for my first order that consists of only the 950XL and Mozo cover. I haven't gotten anything for the order Microsoft created for the dock and 950.

I did place another COMPLETE ORDER w intention to RETURN the original order.
Spoke to MS Store today (via phone), have a Return label for 1st order, when it comes in.
Second order included the Lumia 950XL, Lumia 950 & Display Dock.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
The 950 and/or 950XL are out of my price-range, so I got the 650 for 100 bucks to replace my 640.
I'll just have to live without the better camera, but, heh, my 650 will look better right out of the box :wink:

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Carphone Warehouse in UK have a?30 off deal this weekend. I went into our local store looking to buy and was told:-

"We don't keep Windows phones in our store and strongly advise customers not to buy them. One of our team bought one but he lost the phone. It was only then that he found out too late that he'd lost everything: contacts, email, apps, etc, etc, EVERYTHING he'd ever put into the phone and there was no way to get it back! But if he'd lost an android phone he could've just signed into into his Google account on a new phone and everything would've been instantly restored."

With expert advice like this is it any wonder that WM market share is so low"

jazen

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I had placed my order last night at 11:50 CST, and the display dock was not included either. I am looking at the website today and specifically searched for the dock but it is not listed, I wonder if it is a "out of stock" issue with the dock at the moment? I called the Sales and Support number and spoke to a very [un]helpful "Mike" about this, and all he reiterated was the specs of the phone and said there was no promotion for the phone at this time, including the BOGO ad.

Since the phone was purchased on Black Friday, I hope its just a typo with the ad, but this is the second year I have had issues with the MS store and their promotions.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
..."We don't keep Windows phones in our store and strongly advise customers not to buy them. One of our team bought one but he lost the phone. It was only then that he found out too late that he'd lost everything: contacts, email, apps, etc, etc, EVERYTHING he'd ever put into the phone and there was no way to get it back! But if he'd lost an android phone he could've just signed into into his Google account on a new phone and everything would've been instantly restored."

I'm assuming we know that's NOT correct - it's saved under MS (@live, @outlook) email account.
Sign in and it's ALL still there.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Just checked the MS store, BOGO is still in play ... but NO Display Dock (Lumia 950XL & Lumia 950).

I wonder if they will be getting more docks and/or if they are even making them anymore.

My first order that consisted of the XL and Mozo cover shipped yesterday and is supposed to be here Tuesday. The 2nd order that was placed by Microsoft for the 950 and the dock is still processing.

I had placed my order last night at 11:50 CST, and the display dock was not included either. I am looking at the website today and specifically searched for the dock but it is not listed, I wonder if it is a "out of stock" issue with the dock at the moment? I called the Sales and Support number and spoke to a very [un]helpful "Mike" about this, and all he reiterated was the specs of the phone and said there was no promotion for the phone at this time, including the BOGO ad.

Since the phone was purchased on Black Friday, I hope its just a typo with the ad, but this is the second year I have had issues with the MS store and their promotions.

Yeah, the dock is now showing out of stock on the Microsoft website and appears to have been removed from the BOGO offer. The ad on the website clearly indicated that the dock was included when the deal went live, so the ad has either been manually, or automatically, updated.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I just received shipment notification for my 2nd order of the 950 and docking station, so I guess I'll be getting a docking station. I hope they get more so they can be included on all of the BOGO orders.

aespix

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Im here in south Africa ans because the phone is selling so poorly one carrier is giving the phone away at 10 usd a month or 150 rand a month for 24 months.

Got mine a while back.

Don't rush. They aren't selling and will be let go soon.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"We don't keep Windows phones in our store and strongly advise customers not to buy them. One of our team bought one but he lost the phone. It was only then that he found out too late that he'd lost everything: contacts, email, apps, etc, etc, EVERYTHING he'd ever put into the phone and there was no way to get it back! But if he'd lost an android phone he could've just signed into into his Google account on a new phone and everything would've been instantly restored."

As my father-in-law is fond of saying, "You can't fix stupid."

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Remember these BOGO deals are while supplies last* , back earlier in the beginning of the year 2016 after the first BOGO sale I missed it cause they ran out of stock, soon after there was same BOGO sale in April , when I took advantage of it ,my neighbour and myself took advantage of it and got deal on the second day(I took 950,neighbour took the XL since I wanted smaller phone), the deal was going for a week, and stock ran out the day after we made our purchase, now it's here again, I took advantage of it again, this time i'm taking the XL , my assistant at work wants to replace his 640 with a 950, my wife to be will get my 950 to replace her 830, i'm gonna sell my neighbour who got the XL in the earlier BOGO deal for 50 bucks, it's win:win situation for me, I remember talking to Microsoft support online and they mentioned it was while supplies last and I think it even shows so online at time of deal, I learned from past experience not to waste any time where these BOGO deals are concerened. Also i'm from Caribbean.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss