Any Sales Expected?

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe my 950XL and Mozo cover were delivered today. I'm impressed with the turnaround time and I hope I'm as impressed with the phone.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I believe my 950XL and Mozo cover were delivered today. I'm impressed with the turnaround time and I hope I'm as impressed with the phone.

YES, I got my 2nd order today (first came Saturday, went back Saturday) with my 950XL, 950 & Display Dock.
Charging the 950XL, now ...

Coming from the Lumia 1520, the 950XL is NOT that big & the 950 is not that much smaller.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
YES, I got my 2nd order today (first came Saturday, went back Saturday) with my 950XL, 950 & Display Dock.
Charging the 950XL, now ...

Coming from the Lumia 1520, the 950XL is NOT that big & the 950 is not that much smaller.

Yeah, I was worried I might find the 950XL a bit overwhelming coming from a 920, but it doesn't really seem too large. I haven't spent much time with it, but it seems fairly comfortable in the hand. The one 1520 I ever saw and held seemed quite a bit larger. I guess I should try to find someone interested in the 950, which is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I believe I'm going to try to get a SIM activated and inserted before I do anything with the phone. I want to say I've seen several suggestions to do that before even turning the phone on.

Just to be sure I've got this right, again, all AT&T needs to activate a SIM for the 950XL is an IMEI number from a phone they support, meaning I could use my current 920 or the 950 that's on the way. Is that correct?

I hope this goes smoothly and I'm looking forward to getting the BYOD reduction in my monthly bill. I've never used a phone that wasn't purchased directly from a carrier.

davidofmidnight

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the 950xl/950/Dock bundle right as the Black Friday sale started, but apparently before their computer system was told that the sale started.

Monday I received the 950xl only. Chatted with support, and they're sending me the 950, and I got an email saying they'll call me to set up a (free) order for the display dock when they get more in stock. And a $10 MS store coupon code for my troubles.

Pretty nice phone. But I did get it to really try Continuum, so that'll have to wait.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the 950xl/950/Dock bundle right as the Black Friday sale started, but apparently before their computer system was told that the sale started.

Monday I received the 950xl only. Chatted with support, and they're sending me the 950, and I got an email saying they'll call me to set up a (free) order for the display dock when they get more in stock. And a $10 MS store coupon code for my troubles.

Pretty nice phone. But I did get it to really try Continuum, so that'll have to wait.

Similar happened to me.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I got the same email. I've already received a 950 and display via a separate order, but I give them credit for making things right.

nokialumia1020fan

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Strange. If any of the items in the cart is OoS, the checkout will not proceed.

Also for me, the MS service people were professional and helpful. They told me not to expect the dock since they were OoS and restocking might not happen soon. But they did provide a hint that there are surprises lined up until holiday season.

Dont know what he meant.

I had placed my order last night at 11:50 CST, and the display dock was not included either. I am looking at the website today and specifically searched for the dock but it is not listed, I wonder if it is a "out of stock" issue with the dock at the moment? I called the Sales and Support number and spoke to a very [un]helpful "Mike" about this, and all he reiterated was the specs of the phone and said there was no promotion for the phone at this time, including the BOGO ad.

Since the phone was purchased on Black Friday, I hope its just a typo with the ad, but this is the second year I have had issues with the MS store and their promotions.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had the phone long, but I have to say that, so far, I'm liking the 950XL. I'm a very basic user and don't need, or use, a lot of apps, but based on a lot of what I had read I thought I might be challenged to make a phone call. My four days of use have been event free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720