Going Crazy: Cellular Data, Lumia 950xl, Straight Talk

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All, just wondering if anyone's gone through a similar situation with their 950XL, or f it's just me or something else.

Here's the tale:
  • I had this phone on Straight Talk (MVNO, ATT Sim) with no really data issues, consistent and fast.
  • At work, ATT service suddenly dropped and for the past few months I get no service at my desk. My friend with TMO does.
  • I order a Straight Talk nano sim, this time for TMO and put that in my device.
  • I set the internet APN and all seems to work for all of 1 min, then data falls out.
  • The network is constantly unstable, connecting and disconnecting, able to make calls, but rarely ever any data except when I turn cellular data on and off and some random times.

Whether you're on Straight Talk TMO or not, if you're just on TMO, has anyone experienced such constant connect/disconnect issues in cellular? I'm trying to figure out if it's an APN issue, a network issue, 950XL issue or just that TMO sucks in my area and the MVNO is worse...
Any info's welcome....

Scipio Magnus

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I have been having several similar issues on my Lumia 950XL DS. I use ATT and have had great coverage then about a month ago my coverage has just been trash. Frequent drops and showing edge as my speed in places I used to get 4G or LTE.

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Never had a solution. Called up ST and got another ATT sim, back to mostly stable data.

FWIW, some apps simply can't tell they're on DATA when I have the ATT sim in, when I was on TMO, and it worked, those apps had no issue (stuff like the Transit Seattle app....)...

Ah well, damned if you do, damned if you don't

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro