Lumia 950 XL

k_v_umesh

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 950 XL suddenly restarting, and battery draining, some time heating. This started just 2 weeks back. Not sure caused by new updated??

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
This might be software related.

I'm on slow ring using a 640 and that dang thing has random freezes, reboots, and battery draining as well.
It also started a few weeks back.

Last night for no reason it went through several reboot cycles and would just freeze up for no reason.

k_v_umesh

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
I am on latest build and firmware

Version: 1607
Build: 10.0.14393.448
FW:01078.00053.16236.35005

1) I have done factory reset , didn’t work
2) I have used WDRT and installed OS again, didn’t work
3) I have realized , my Lumia only work without restart when its plugged with power, once I unplug , it keep restarting and battery drain very fast

Last edited:

Evans Temu

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
It's the battery, mine has the same problem and I did go through several threads and forums and they all suggested it's a faulty battery. I'm looking to get a new battery this week and see how it goes.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950 XL suddenly restarting, and battery draining, some time heating. This started just 2 weeks back. Not sure caused by new updated??

This sounds software related. If it wasn't doing this before then its not your phone thats the problem. If you can, check to see if the battery is the issue. If your phone is suddenly turning off and the battery is draining quickly. Overheating could be due to the battery having some small issue. I would suggest getting that looked at. But before all that, maybe try factory resetting the device and se if things improve before you spend cash on getting a new battery.

k_v_umesh

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
=> My phone is just 8 months old and I will be really surprised if its the battery issue with in 8 months.
=> I have even tried running phone without SD card but same issue

1) I have done factory reset , didn’t work
2) I have used WDRT and installed OS again, didn’t work

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
It is the battery. I had the battery on my 950XL go bad at 9 months which caused constant restarting, shutdowns, battery drains. Several other forum members with 950XLs have posted in various threads on the forum with the battery issue. Usually can be identified by examining the battery for bulging. I have not seen any complaints about batteries failing with the regular 950.

Sent from mTalk on my Alcatel Idol 4S for Windows

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
So I am back on my 950xl and everything is running smooth and fast.

I'm starting to think that the issues could possibly be related to installing apps on the SD card.

While using my 640 (waiting for my 950xl to be repaired) I had to install all apps on the SD card because of how small the memory on board was.
My 640 had all kinds of issues with freezes, reboots, apps shutting down, and even the occasional SD card errors.

When I got my 950xl back I deleted all the apps from my SD card because I install all apps on the phone memory.

Not a single issue since moving back, no SD card "errors", no app freezes or shutdowns, no device freezes or shutdowns.

Only thing I am not impressed with is battery life and I firmly believe it has something to do with this latest slow ring build as my 640 battery life became noticeably worse on this build as well.

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having reboots. It occurs only when the battery is below 60%. I check the battery to see if it's bulged but there no sign of that. Most of the time the reboots occur when unlocking the phone or taking photo with the camera. Did these issue occur to you before moving app to the phone memory?

Originally posted by TennisGuy45
So I am back on my 950xl and everything is running smooth and fast.

I'm starting to think that the issues could possibly be related to installing apps on the SD card.

While using my 640 (waiting for my 950xl to be repaired) I had to install all apps on the SD card because of how small the memory on board was.
My 640 had all kinds of issues with freezes, reboots, apps shutting down, and even the occasional SD card errors.

When I got my 950xl back I deleted all the apps from my SD card because I install all apps on the phone memory.

Not a single issue since moving back, no SD card "errors", no app freezes or shutdowns, no device freezes or shutdowns.

Only thing I am not impressed with is battery life and I firmly believe it has something to do with this latest slow ring build as my 640 battery life became noticeably worse on this build as well.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm also having reboots. It occurs only when the battery is below 60%. I check the battery to see if it's bulged but there no sign of that. Most of the time the reboots occur when unlocking the phone or taking photo with the camera. Did these issue occur to you before moving app to the phone memory?

Yes they did and they stopped after going back to phone memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium