Uber App not working

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Wow.. Uber's technical support is being super-dense about this. The first guy asked me to send him a screenshot of the error so that he can unlock the Uber app for my phone (which makes 0 sense). The second guy told me that I can't use Uber on anything except Android, iPhones, or Windows Phones..

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
And now the 3rd person at Uber support told me to update my iPhone to the latest iOS. And then the 4th person told me that Uber isn't on Windows Phone/Mobile.. Does anyone know a phone number I can contact them at so I don't get 4 different people with wildly different and useless support suggestions?

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Did you just install it recently (i.e. in December)? Judging from the App Store comments, it seems like this is a recent issue and people who have had it installed and logged-in from earlier are fine..

Danut Ciotirla

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I had it on an old phone with the same account working ok, but now I bought a 950 and when I tried to log in with the same account on it is not working.

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, my old Lumia 1020 that I logged into a long time ago is fine.

The latest guy from Uber Support (the 5th or 6th now, I think?) finally said that the team is aware of the issue and is working to fix it. Whether that's actually true or he just said whatever he could to get me to stop spamming them remains to be seen... :p

satishn

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
My new 950XL came with Uber installed. I just tried it for the first time and it gave me the same error message. I then uninstalled and installed again to see if that helps, but no luck. I guess they need to fix it.

panchoroms

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I was having the same issue on my lumia 650, but was fixed by updating my phone. Also Uber support recommends to use the mobile version m.uber.com to get acces to the hole entire options such as Uber Eats which is not available yet in the Windows Store.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It's best to send feedback to Uber by writing a review or checking if you can send feedback from within the app.

I just used the app yesterday with no issue on my Lumia 735.

Seems like the issue is affecting the 900 series devices.

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It's best to send feedback to Uber by writing a review or checking if you can send feedback from within the app.

I just used the app yesterday with no issue on my Lumia 735.

Seems like the issue is affecting the 900 series devices.

Mine miraculously started working again today!

dzejnuska

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I just received a reply from Uber support. They say that Uber app is no longer supported for Windows Phones and that I can only use the service via an Android or Apple device.

That's absolutely ridiculous. What's even worse is that I get an error message even when I try to request Uber via their website (mobile version). I'm giving up on them and looking for a better taxi service.

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Only 1 out of the 6 "techs" I talked to said that WP isn't supported anymore. The rest did not.. which leads me to think that 1 tech had no clue what he/she was talking about

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by rc2080
Only 1 out of the 6 "techs" I talked to said that WP isn't supported anymore. The rest did not.. which leads me to think that 1 tech had no clue what he/she was talking about

I hope he was bs-ing out of his *** because the uber app got quite better with the latest update (of course, not counting the troubles described here) and it was quite recently.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hiring decent support people is helpful. Maybe Uber will get this...

Wow.. Uber's technical support is being super-dense about this. The first guy asked me to send him a screenshot of the error so that he can unlock the Uber app for my phone (which makes 0 sense). The second guy told me that I can't use Uber on anything except Android, iPhones, or Windows Phones..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte