Every W10M Update has required battery to be pulled to complete install

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
My 950XL works fine except that every single update has required me to pull the battery for the update to complete.

The issue is the same, update runs and installs. Then at some point it reboots. You see the Microsoft logo then you see the blue Windows Logo and then -- nothing! I have left it as is over night and still nothing.

The solution, crack open the case, pull battery, wait a few seconds, install battery. replace backing, then click power button and it continues on to finish the update. It always completes after that but it is annoying that I have to pull the battery every time.

I have a dual sim 950XL with an SD card installed.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the issue on my Lumia 930 with the last maybe 10 or so updates I'm currently on 14393.576).
You don't need to pull the battery, as a soft reset will clear it.
It is a pain though I have to admit.

Fenoy

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My 950XL updated yesterday to 14.393.576 and I did not have to remove the battery for the install to complete. With that being said I'm not sure what was accomplished in the update but the phone works smoothly.

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the issue on my Lumia 930 with the last maybe 10 or so updates I'm currently on 14393.576).
You don't need to pull the battery, as a soft reset will clear it.
It is a pain though I have to admit.

Soft update does not work for me. It just blinks the blue windows logo. Only works if I pull the battery.

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
My 950XL updated yesterday to 14.393.576 and I did not have to remove the battery for the install to complete. With that being said I'm not sure what was accomplished in the update but the phone works smoothly.

I am sure the update fixed some bugs even if what was fixed is not obvious. However, it does not appear to have added any new features.

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Havent had the same issue with my Lumia 950. Wondering what would be required for HP Elite x3. My friend has one and he says its stuck at the hp welcome screen after the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett