New Build 14393.576 - Problems

developeryama

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I installed the new update last night - Now every time I try opening my Edge browser, it crashes. Has anyone experienced this as well? Any workarounds?

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I installed the new update last night - Now every time I try opening my Edge browser, it crashes. Has anyone experienced this as well? Any workarounds?

I am having this problem since the update. I posted a comment in the main article too. A few others have reported it but no responses to how to resolve. Help too..!

angel1998

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
No issues here with Edge!
It's going well!
Maybe you have to do a reset to fix this issue....?
Had you made a restart on your phone since from the update? Even the restart doesn't fix(ed) the problem you will have forcely to reset your phone... 🙂🙂

developeryama

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I tried many things but I ended up by going to the About menu and selected to reset my phone. Luckily I had backups created nightly. After the phone is reset I am given the option to restore from my backup. Also I store my apps to a SD card. The steps asked me to erase programs from the SD card in order to reinstall them. Ai clicked on Yes. Then after a little while everything was back to normal.

These things are not very user friendly... I hope though this helps others.

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Check to see if the alarms have any sound selected and if you can play that sound. I had the same problem and apparently my alarms didn't have any sound selected.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Check to see if the alarms have any sound selected and if you can play that sound. I had the same problem and apparently my alarms didn't have any sound selected.
My alarms have a sound selected. My problem seems to be that I turn off the ringer at night. I wonder if I am having issue with quiet hours. I don't use Cortana nor quiet hours, but I wonder if some setting in there is not letting my alarm ring. When my alarm goes off my phone does vibrate, just no ring.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Solved my alarms problem. Just for kicks I tried to add a new alarm and then switched over to vibrate and guess what? The alarm rang. So deleted all of my old alarm entries and created new ones and all of the new ones seem to work fine now. Crazy.

ZPITA

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I have one of the original 950s. Have suffered with a number of problems from the beginnng, including constant overheating and shutting down. Have tried many resets. The latest update has added problems including showing short battery life and shot downs. Have already returned it to Microsoft but the result was no improvement. I guess it is a hardware issue. My main question, if I insist on a replacement, is the newest generation better or will I end up with the same issues? Any feedback appreciated.

ZPITA

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Glad it worked for you, but not for me. It was sent to Microsoft for fixing in July. Think they only reinstalled the operating system. I have since done many soft and hard resets to have all the problems return. It is now back with Microsoft. I expect it is a hardware problem, as mine was one of the first productions. I have asked for a replacement. Let's see what happens.

Too bad because I like the phone overall. But an unreliable phone is useless.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
My problems only started with the new build early December 2016, so probably unrelated to the problem you have if you had since July 2016. However I agree the phone is quite unstable - but I think it's the OS rather than the hardware. Things keep breaking on each release - e.g. OneDrive, Edge, skype, Facebook, WhatsApp etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster