Lumia 950XL now $299 at the Microsoft Store

IM4CHRST

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
From what I see, this sale excludes the display dock which really kind of sucks because there are few places to get one of those. The prices are hit and miss on ebay, plus you would lose amy warranty issue you have, even if it would be as simple as a refund. Not a deal breaker for buying the phone, just a downside to the sale. Would have preferred $100 discount to include the dock.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Let us know which one you like better out of the Windows Phones you have!

It worked out well. I was able to sell my 950 with dock for the price of this phone @$299. Just finished updating the XL and will have to play around with this for awhile.

So far the 950 XL is a little faster than the 950 and has not had any heating issues charging up from a completely dead battery. Hope I got a good one. I have until Jan. 31 to return it; so we will see.

I still have my 650 which I use from time to time and it has been a good reliable device. Not a bad budget phone at all.

'Hey Cortana' on the 950/XL is a hard feature to give up once you have and use it on a regular basis and the whole experience on windows 10 for me has gotten so much better .

I had the Alcatel Idol 4 for two weeks and that was a great phone, maybe the best Windows phone I have used yet, but we will see how close the XL comes to it and I hope this phone will work out with as few issues as possible.

Last edited:

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Credit to user BTC for spotting this: the 950XL is currently on sale at the MS store for only $299.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...50-XL--Unlocked%2F8XK963TJBKFL&token=76FfEROt

The 950 is also available for $249, but it's sold out online. You might still be able to get the deal in a physical store.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Unlocked%2FproductID.326602600&token=ORVt4kIh

For the specs you getting. I would say this is a great deal. The $299 price point is a high contention area which is great.. If 'you' don't plan on keeping the device past 2018 then its a good buy. - referring to EOL

Anyways thanks for the post Joe920!
You never know, some might purchase.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Looks like news of the price cut is starting to get out. There have been a few news articles come out this morning and the deal was posted on Slickdeals late yesterday.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The 950 and white XL are no longer available online.
I saw that. Thankfully there's a handy button on the page that allows you to check stock in nearby MS Stores (if any..). Looking around it seems that at least today most store still have them.

At this price that might not last long though, they are finally priced right! :) In fact maybe $100 less than they should have been at launch. I think a $349 Lumia 950 and a $399 950XL would have sold well. Then again it would have exposed more people to the mess that was WP10 at the time. :D

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There have been a few news articles come out this morning and the deal was posted on Slickdeals late yesterday.
I'm surprised Windows Central hasn't posted this. Come on guys, allow your fan base to buy a cheap stocking stuffer by telling them about this deal!

Too bad it could not be used on Verizon, for $299, it's tempting...
Too bad I already have a 950XL. :) I'm almost tempted to get a spare 950 for on the side!

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I did the complete opposite! I got Microsoft to refund me my full day one purchase price plus insurance. Its draining supporting a company that doesn't support the products you spend your hard earned money to support.

stjeffy86

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm tempted but I already have a Lumia 950 on a payment plan from ATT. I think I will just hold off for an Elite X3 or a newer device with the newer snapdragon hardware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo