11-24-2017 12:58 AM
99 1234
tools
    How many threads are we going to have about this particular issue? Why don't people use the search function in the forums before posting?

Anyway...If your 950/950 XL suffer from random reboots/strange battery level reports etc YOUR BATTERY IS BUSTED. Plain & simple. The only fix is to get a new battery. No amount of flashing/resetting is going to change anything to your situation. There are plenty of users all over the world who have already reported these issues and just had to get a new battery.
    MAK11 is very much right.
    I too had these issues, specificaly in the last few builds and I though it was a software problem. But lat week i changed the battery and the problem solved (after changing battery, no hard rest or WDR but the same OS configuration)
    Mesbah likes this.
    12-22-2016 12:19 PM
    I too had these issues, specificaly in the last few builds and I though it was a software problem. But lat week i changed the battery and the problem solved (after changing battery, no hard rest or WDR but the same OS configuration)
    I will agree that bad battery creates random reboots, but not everyone experiencing reboots has a bad battery. My battery is perfect and I even tried a new battery i bought off eBay and my phone still reboots though not nearly as often as before.
    aimulaidni, PauloP and Mesbah like this.
    12-22-2016 03:14 PM
    How many threads are we going to have about this particular issue? Why don't people use the search function in the forums before posting?

Anyway...If your 950/950 XL suffer from random reboots/strange battery level reports etc YOUR BATTERY IS BUSTED. Plain & simple. The only fix is to get a new battery. No amount of flashing/resetting is going to change anything to your situation. There are plenty of users all over the world who have already reported these issues and just had to get a new battery.
    It's not plain and simple. Stop being rude with other people with miraculous answers.

I've had that and tried it with two perfectly fine batteries. Guess what? The problem was still there.

Besides, it had a pattern. My Lumia 950 suddenly stopped rebooting a week ago, so I suspect it was bound to a software malfunction that finally got updated.

I hope you all can get round the problem as well.
    Player Piano and SeeVuPlay like this.
    12-23-2016 12:41 PM
    A busted battery is very likely the cause for reboots, but not EVERY reboot is caused by a BUSTED BATTERY.

Is that difficult to spot?
    12-23-2016 12:44 PM
    A busted battery is very likely the cause for reboots, but not EVERY reboot is caused by a BUSTED BATTERY.

Is that difficult to spot?
    Lol, I know right

Anyways, I've noticed that my phone restarts a lot and the battery drains a lot when I go out in the cold, I mean when the temperature outside is less than 0 degree Celsius...but it might be me imagining things
    01-01-2017 02:45 AM
    It is the build to blame. Nothing else i believe.
    01-01-2017 05:08 AM
    Well, whatever it is, bad timing to have this start during the holidays. Now my entire extended family knows that the great Lumia camera phone can't take more than two pictures without crashing. Sad!

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative
    01-01-2017 11:59 AM
    I will agree that bad battery creates random reboots, but not everyone experiencing reboots has a bad battery. My battery is perfect and I even tried a new battery i bought off eBay and my phone still reboots though not nearly as often as before.
    My battery was not a bad one ( No bulge or what so ever. It passed the spinning test as well), but still it used to reboot while in a call or middle of something. I got the new battery from one of the authorized service centers and it cost a bit more than what is available in Ebay /Amazone. Ever since no reboots.
    By the way, i have avoided the Ebay /Amazone ones coz of anticipating the same reboot problem due to fake battery.
    01-01-2017 10:13 PM
    It is the build to blame. Nothing else i believe.
    Yes, I seem to agree. And if you look at the IDOL 4S and Elite x3 forums some folks over there are also experiencing random reboots with the latest production build. I'm getting a reboot maybe once or twice a week so this latest build drastically reduced the reboots I had been experiencing. Now I just have the wifi bug to deal with. Here's hoping the next build solves all of these.
    01-04-2017 04:17 PM
    Random thought: I wonder if this could be a combination of two things: A software bug that causes such hammering of the SoC that the system power draw approaches the max power that the battery can deliver. When that happens, it might result in voltage drops or fluctuations, causing the system to reboot.

If such a thing could happen (anyone?), it might expose batteries that are performing below spec sooner than batteries that are in tip top shape.

Anyway, just spitballin' here, trying to figure out how a software revision can introduce problems that look like hardware issues. And also very much hoping for a fast ring release that doesn't do this..

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative
    01-04-2017 10:30 PM
    I wonder if you can just take the battery out of a Note 7 and swap it into a 950xl.

Seems safe.

Sent from mTalk
    01-04-2017 10:50 PM
    I wonder if you can just take the battery out of a Note 7 and swap it into a 950xl.

Seems safe.

Sent from mTalk
    very very safe. never felt safer.
    01-05-2017 08:09 AM
    I have two batteries and same problem
    02-11-2017 04:44 PM
    2 bad batteries ? - well, I think that a random restart is a battery problem ...
    02-13-2017 03:50 PM
    Yeah, I've ruled out batteries...i tested with a different battery and so did others and the problem was still there
    02-13-2017 08:16 PM
    Yeah, I've ruled out batteries...i tested with a different battery and so did others and the problem was still there
    Same here. Two batteries and the same results. Just did another hard reset so here's hoping. Logs show a 000000EF error but no idea if it was battery or software related.
    02-14-2017 11:39 AM

Seems safe.

Sent from mTalk
    Very funny.
    02-15-2017 10:58 PM
    I've had my 950XL for about three months and experienced my first random reboot yesterday. I hope it doesn't become a thing.
    02-23-2017 11:44 AM
    I seriously doubt if this is what many of you are fighting but figured I would share. I have two batteries for my 950XL dual sim and a spare battery charger (generic). I have been on official release always.I started noticing random reboots. Over time I noticed for me it was mechanical. I could turn the phone upside down in my hand and tap with my finger and reproduce the reboot on demand. On one of my batteries the contacts had been sprung. They were no longer making good contact with the male contacts on the phone. Used a small tool and magnifying glass to carefully bend the contacts on the battery in question. The phone has been solid as a rock for several weeks with both batteries. Just in case it helps someone.
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
    02-23-2017 01:14 PM
    Odd, but this thread from over a year ago describes the same issues I'm seeing with my freeze and reboots. Not sure if others have seen or solved this.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-4a59a4c671ba
    02-23-2017 07:57 PM
    if it happens regularly then only a new battery will solve this.
    02-23-2017 08:24 PM
    if it happens regularly then only a new battery will solve this.
    Wondering if you have any suggestions on where to get a battery from. I've tried two from various ebay sellers and they all have the same issue.
    02-23-2017 11:25 PM
    Got mine from Rounded.com (2x for my 950XL & 1x for my 950). They are genuine batteries.
    02-24-2017 08:22 AM
    Got mine from Rounded.com (2x for my 950XL & 1x for my 950). They are genuine batteries.
    Thanks Mak, I'll give it a shot with Rounded.
    02-24-2017 11:31 AM
    i am exactaly facing same problem ....my phone's warranty is also expired last month and i dont want to pay for this.
    03-03-2017 10:13 AM
99 1234